Senior Network Operations Engineer
Seattle, Washington, United States / Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 943167BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 16, 2022
Job Summary:The Network Operations team is responsible for the availability and stability of the Network services. This includes systems in locations such as Data Centers, Metro Area offices, wired & wireless users, 3rd party partners and remote access users.
The Operations Engineer will ensure that we are developing the most appropriate plans for incident recovery, changes, and adherence to configuration standards. The Network Operations Engineer needs to apply their technical expertise in Software Defined Networking, familiar with Network vendors, DNS, DHCP & IP Address Management, Python, Scripting and access policy creation and administration.
- Contributor to the development of the Network Operations Strategy and into supporting organizational strategies.
- Accountable for developing and socializing technical solutions and process-based strategies for functions within defined roles and responsibilities.
- Responsible for influencing the strategies of peer organizations ensuring that their strategic plans are in alignment with the technical direction of Network Operations and/or Strategy and Architecture.
- Ensure that all new Network services are designed to deliver the levels of availability required by the business, and validate the final service design meets the operational needs of the business.
- Provide technical leadership during major incidents and drive to quickly resolve complex escalated incidents
- Coach team members on a proactive basis, raising the team’s overall technical acumen
- Work with service provider partner to ensure the proper level of technical acumen and quality are executed within the contracted services
- Act as an escalation point for Operations Analysts
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices regarding Network Operations
- Process design thought leader responsible for developing and evolving operational procedures. Examine & document existing processes, evaluate them within the context of availability and maintainability of Systems & Services
- Identify areas in need of process documentation and work with the teams to create, document and train the process
- Responsible for development of operational run-books based on industry best practices for improving compliance to engineering standards in the Network environment, including the audit of existing configurations for quality and compliance
- Identify the need for technical process improvement plans, and work with leadership to create and socialize plans; manage all or a portion of the execution of the improvement plan
- 10+ years of experience in network technology-related fields, with at least 4 years of experience in operationally focused positions
- 5 -10 years of supporting enterprise-level, mission-critical systems in either a large IT shared services organization or telecom service provider environment
- Proficient level knowledge and understanding of DNS, DHCP & IP Address Management
- Proficient level knowledge Scripting, automation coding (ex; Python), access policy creation and administration
- Ability to recognize and embrace change as the external environment and organization evolves
- Ability to communicate and multi-task under pressure
- Understanding of how IT technology supports the Enterprise and the Business Segments
- Ability to communicate and multi-task under pressure
- Exceptional communication skills are a must. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at a variety of levels and to communicate intricate technical and procedural matters to both technical and non-technical personnel across diverse cultures
- Ability to be an effective team member and technical leader
- ITIL V3 and advanced certification
- Experience with Cisco, F5, Palo Alto, NetScout, Open Gear
- DNS (GTM) load balancing
- DNS, DHCP, IP Management (DDI)
- Linux & VMware experience
- Network protocols (UDP, TCP/IP…), subnet masking, CIDR Blocks, etc.
- Understanding and experience with Software Defined Networks
- Software-defined Networking, Scripting and programming language experience (ex; Python)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Understanding of internet protocols such as HTTP and DNS
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Beneficial Technical Knowledge/Experience
- APM, AFM, ASM and/or other modules
- Radius / TACACS experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or commensurate experience in related field is required
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.