Senior Performance Engineer
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 668990BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 23/05/2019
Engineering Operations (EO) team within Product Engineering segment of DTCI is a highly-technical group that enables all software engineering teams to deliver world-class consumer-facing experiences by delivering services, tools and processes that promote rapid adaptation to change so we can execute quickly on new ideas.
Productivity Engineering team under EO, has one goal - speed to market. Our team develops and utilizes technology and industry best practices to impact the product development life cycle for consumer products across all media networks owned by The Walt Disney Company (ESPN, ABC Entertainment and News, Disney Channel Worldwide, Fox Now, National Geographic, etc.), with a focus on rapid delivery, metrics driven quality and predictability.
Responsibilities:The primary focus for this position will be the examination, validation, and testing performance of software systems. Responsibilities also extend to designing, building and implementing analytics solutions around performance metrics, continuous tests that can exercise various use cases and scenarios.
Details of these responsibilities are listed below:
- Define High level Performance Test strategy and Test approaches for a given feature set
- Evaluate and implement new performance engineering tools, technology and methods
- Ensure that testing is structured to promote high availability, responsiveness, scalability and with a high speed of delivery
- Work closely with software architects, business analysts and product owners for designing and forecasting user work load models
- Develop centralized dashboards to analyze performance test results
- Collaborate and share information/results with engineers, product managers and other stakeholders
- Understand and address the implications of design and implementation decisions on all inter connected systems
- 7+ years of relevant Performance testing or Quality engineering / architecture experience
- Hands on experience with performance testing techniques such as performance modeling, establishing baselines, services monitoring, and profiling system performance
- Experience monitoring and maintaining HA (High Availability) systems with optimal performance
- Experience with using performance tools and techniques to simulate large enterprise environments, such as Jmeter, Gatling, Blazemeter, Taurus, SOASTA CloudTest or similar tools
- Clear communicator (written and verbal); ability to write test plans and test cases, and to communicate performance bottlenecks to developers and other stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of Application Lifecycle Management, Software Development and Agile Development/Testing practices and methodologies
- Knowledge of common performance issues and ability to use logs, monitoring tools, and work with developers to determine root cause
- Ability to work and participate in a team with open and collaborative style of communications
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team
- Aid in tuning database, web services, and other backend modules for performance
- Experience with Enterprise Site Reliability Engineering practices
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Math
Additional Information:Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you have been looking for.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.