Senior Product Manager-Data Solutions and Instrumentation Tooling
Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 814885BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 17, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Media & Entertainment Distribiution (DMED) is Disney’s global, multiplatform media, product, technology, and distribution organization for world-class content. DMED is comprised of Disney’s international media and direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including all Disney networks outside of the US, as well as streaming services ESPN+, Disney+, Hulu, and forthcoming Star+. The D.A.T.A. organization focuses on providing innovative data solutions supporting DMED business stakeholders with comprehensive, timely, and reliable data and the means to access, activate and analyze all of Disney’s consumer data in a secure and compliant way.
The Senior Product Manager, Data Solutions & Instrumentation (DSI) Tooling will focus on developing tools and processes supporting in-product instrumentation/data collection, managing and validating data requirements and schemas, scoring and tracking data completeness and quality, monitoring ongoing performance, and detecting and alerting about anomalies and outages. This role will partner closely with the D.A.T.A. Technology Instrumentation Platform Engineering team, and Program Management teams to intake, review, and prioritize requests, develop detailed product requirements, and manage engineering roadmpas. This role will require you to work in an incredibly fast-paced and constantly changing environment. You will need an exceptional ability to navigate complex organizations and quickly develop relationships with stakeholders across a diverse set of functional roles. You will need the ability to quickly get up to speed on complex data pipelines and platforms and help to solve problems with creativity and technical skill. A strong understanding of in-product instrumentation is highly beneficial. You will need to understand how to take data requirements from analytics stakeholders, and translate them in to technical solutions to capture the relevant user engagement data from websites and applications in the optimal format to support multiple downstream data use cases. Relevant experience includes development of in-house instrumentation solutions, or supporting the planning and implementation of 3rd party solutions such as digital analytics platforms, ad/mar tech tools, etc. You should also be familiar with data architecture, processing, and development cycles. You must be an analytical, articulate, and business-minded person, capable of maneuvering roadblocks, executing tactically and communicating effectively to stakeholders at peer levels throughout the course of a product lifecycle.
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for proprietary instrumentation technology and the associated tooling that support Web, Mobile, and Living Room devices across Disney Media & Entertainment streaming products (Disney+, ESPN+, Star, Hulu) and other digital properties
- Provide best-in-class product documentation to equip our teams with the tools and knowledge they need to be successful
- Manage external integrations, dependencies, and planning
- Lead teams developing and implementing instrumentation products for Mobile, Web and OTT devices
- Lead teams to automate schema and sequence validation, monitoring and alerting, and reporting with a laser focus on improving data quality
- Build strategic relationships with key technology and business leaders to ensure program success
- Partner with Analytics, Data Science, Data Architecture, Data Quality & Governance, Engineering teams, Product Design, and other Technical Program Management team members to develop, test, and deliver high quality products and features
- Lead and drive teams on all business readiness activities, including product planning, sequencing, testing, user education, rollout, iteration, and support
- Develop detailed product requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, and success measures
- Lead efforts to identify risks, resolve key blockers, and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Fill in gaps across roles and functions as needed, performing as an adaptive problem solver
- Champion a collaborative work environment that cultivates shared understanding, transparency, autonomy, innovation, and continuous learning
- Experience with, and a solid understanding of, technical product management principals and Agile SDLC
- 5+ years in product management with experience with building and delivering successful data products, services and capabilities
- Experience leading highly complex projects across multiple functions
- Planning acumen and ability to break down work and define an MVP, as well as subsequent iterations
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic and problem-solving skills
- Balancing competing priorities to make decisions in ambiguous situations
- Leading through influence across functional and organizational lines
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment where change is the norm
- Experience presenting to and working with senior leaders
- Knowledge of SDLC, data engineering, data modeling, data warehousing and big data platforms
- Experience in Agile software development with expertise in Scrum methodology and practices
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, DataBricks, Snowflake
- Industry experience in video streaming and OTT
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Math, Economics, or equivalent experience
- Advanced CS degree or MBA is a plus
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.