Senior Product Manager-Data Solutions and Instrumentation ToolingApply NowApply Later Job ID 814885BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Oct. 14, 2021
The Senior Product Manager, Data Solutions & Instrumentation (DSI) Tooling will focus on developing tools and processes supporting in-product instrumentation/data collection, managing and validating data requirements and schemas, scoring and tracking data completeness and quality, monitoring ongoing performance, and detecting and alerting about anomalies and outages. This role will partner closely with the D.A.T.A. Technology Instrumentation Platform Engineering team, and Program Management teams to intake, review, and prioritize requests, develop detailed product requirements, and manage engineering roadmpas. This role will require you to work in an incredibly fast-paced and constantly changing environment. You will need an exceptional ability to navigate complex organizations and quickly develop relationships with stakeholders across a diverse set of functional roles. You will need the ability to quickly get up to speed on complex data pipelines and platforms and help to solve problems with creativity and technical skill. A strong understanding of in-product instrumentation is highly beneficial. You will need to understand how to take data requirements from analytics stakeholders, and translate them in to technical solutions to capture the relevant user engagement data from websites and applications in the optimal format to support multiple downstream data use cases. Relevant experience includes development of in-house instrumentation solutions, or supporting the planning and implementation of 3rd party solutions such as digital analytics platforms, ad/mar tech tools, etc. You should also be familiar with data architecture, processing, and development cycles. You must be an analytical, articulate, and business-minded person, capable of maneuvering roadblocks, executing tactically and communicating effectively to stakeholders at peer levels throughout the course of a product lifecycle.
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for proprietary instrumentation technology and the associated tooling that support Web, Mobile, and Living Room devices across Disney Media & Entertainment streaming products (Disney+, ESPN+, Star, Hulu) and other digital properties
- Provide best-in-class product documentation to equip our teams with the tools and knowledge they need to be successful
- Manage external integrations, dependencies, and planning
- Lead teams developing and implementing instrumentation products for Mobile, Web and OTT devices
- Lead teams to automate schema and sequence validation, monitoring and alerting, and reporting with a laser focus on improving data quality
- Build strategic relationships with key technology and business leaders to ensure program success
- Partner with Analytics, Data Science, Data Architecture, Data Quality & Governance, Engineering teams, Product Design, and other Technical Program Management team members to develop, test, and deliver high quality products and features
- Lead and drive teams on all business readiness activities, including product planning, sequencing, testing, user education, rollout, iteration, and support
- Develop detailed product requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, and success measures
- Lead efforts to identify risks, resolve key blockers, and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Fill in gaps across roles and functions as needed, performing as an adaptive problem solver
- Champion a collaborative work environment that cultivates shared understanding, transparency, autonomy, innovation, and continuous learning
- Experience with, and a solid understanding of, technical product management principals and Agile SDLC
- 5+ years in product management with experience with building and delivering successful data products, services and capabilities
- Experience leading highly complex projects across multiple functions
- Planning acumen and ability to break down work and define an MVP, as well as subsequent iterations
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic and problem-solving skills
- Balancing competing priorities to make decisions in ambiguous situations
- Leading through influence across functional and organizational lines
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment where change is the norm
- Experience presenting to and working with senior leaders
- Knowledge of SDLC, data engineering, data modeling, data warehousing and big data platforms
- Experience in Agile software development with expertise in Scrum methodology and practices
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, DataBricks, Snowflake
- Industry experience in video streaming and OTT
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Math, Economics, or equivalent experience
- Advanced CS degree or MBA is a plus
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.