Senior Product Manager, ExperimentationApply NowApply Later Job ID 890807BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Dec. 08, 2021
Creating a unique and relevant experience for each and every user is fundamental to Disney magic. We aim to tailor our products for every user, quickly connecting them to content they’ll love. This process is both art and science, relying on authoritative content expertise, algorithmic machine learning, and rapid experimentation. The work we do has huge scope--- the services in Disney Streaming enable experiences for 175+ million users across Disney+, Hulu, Star+ and ESPN+. And we’re not done growing.
We are looking for a senior product manager who will lead our experimentation portfolio across our Personalization, Merchandising, Search and Interactive teams.
This is a position that will have an incredibly broad impact on the customer experience across multiple applications.
This is an ideal role for someone with a history running complex experimentation programs, values cross-functional collaboration and partnership and has a passion for machine learning. You should be able to balance pragmatism and vision to achieve meaningful results amongst a rapidly growing and changing user base.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead the Consumer Engagement & Interactive team’s experimentation program with a focus on evolving our current experimentation framework to increase test volume and velocity.
- Partner closely with our Content Programming, Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Experimentation Platform teams to coordinate experiment backlogs, new feature integration, experiment execution and evaluation.
- Serve as a thought leader in the experimentation space, advocating for best practices and disseminating learning across the organization.
- Work with experimentation and content tooling teams to advocate for enhancements to our experimentation platforms.
- Lead cross-team experimentation brainstorm sessions.
- Partner with fellow product managers to ideate releases, pipeline and go/no go decisions for rollout of features.
- Maintain open communication channels for internal and external partners to clarify usage, document experiment status, and find opportunities to improve the experimentation process
- Deliver business-driving improvements to our search, personalization and interactive feature sets. We are a team that can (and does) nerd out about algorithms, but who also lands huge business impact in the form of increased subscriber watch hours and churn reduction.
- Assess new experiments with the critical lens of an investor. We have limited bandwidth and plenty of opportunities to improve. What do we do first?
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience as a program or product manager or highly relevant direct experience (i.e. working as a data scientist or engineering in the personalization space)
- Experience in working on complex services
- Data-focused mindset and proven ability to use data to explore all aspects of a problem
- Familiarity with machine learning fundamentals
- Clear, logical communication skills and an ability to adjust your style based upon your audience -- from non-technical to research PhDs.
- Passion for TV
- Curiosity -- in this space, we often find ourselves reading the latest research paper or playing with a new proof-of-concept.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.