Senior Software Developer - Client Playback Platform
Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID oUObefwR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Hulu Date posted Feb. 03, 2021
Hulu’s Client Playback Platform team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As a member of our team, you will be working on best in class media streaming and advertising experiences in our Hulu apps. The right person for this role loves to code and debug hard problems, loves creating new experiences for passionate TV viewers, and loves working with other. If you are someone who enjoys working on projects that have millions of customers and enjoys having direct impact on their experiences, then this is a great role for you.
What you’ll do
- Work on streaming media playback in our cross device platform team.
- Work closely with our team of UX designers, product managers and engineerings around the globe to create best-of-class, delightful, TV-watching experiences.
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews, and roadmap planning.
- Help redefine how we all engage with and consume video content in the living room.
What to bring
- 6+ years experience as a developer and strong programming language skills.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc).
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Experience with C++.
- Experience with media technologies like DASH, HLS, fMP4 or similar.
- Experience with Direct 3D or OpenGL or similar frameworks.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Experience developing for Playstation, Xbox, FireTV, or similar devices.
- Experience with DRM technologies like Playready or Widevine.
- Experience with Java or Objective C
- Experience working with browser implementations like WebKit, Chromium, or Firefox
- Experience working with HTML5 Media Element
- Experience with multichannel audio technologies like Dolby Digital or DTS
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.