Senior Software Developer, Playback Platform - C++
Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 814488BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 15, 2021
Job Summary:Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an outstanding collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo. Hulu is a premium streaming service that offers premium originals, current season TV, a massive library of hit series and movies, and live television. Our combined Disney and Hulu team is looking for hardworking team players to join the Media Engineering team, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience through strategic hard work and determination.
Within the Disney Media Engineering Group, the Client Playback Platform team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As a member of our team, you will be working on best-in-class media streaming and advertising experiences in our Hulu/Disney+ apps. The right person for this role loves to code and debug hard problems, loves creating new experiences for passionate TV viewers, and loves working with others. If you are someone who enjoys working on projects that have millions of customers and enjoys having direct impact on their experiences, then this is a great role for you.
- Design, develop and maintain the code which drives our streaming media viewing experience.
- Work closely with our team of UX designers, product managers and engineers around the globe to create best-of-class, delightful, TV-watching experiences.
- Help redefine how we all engage with and consume video content in the living room
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews, and roadmap planning.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a developer
- Strong programming language skills; experience with C++
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc).
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Experience with media technologies like DASH, HLS, fMP4 or similar.
- Experience with Direct 3D or OpenGL or similar frameworks.
- Experience developing for PlayStation, Xbox, FireTV, or similar devices.
- Experience with DRM technologies like Playready or Widevine.
- Experience with Java or Objective C
- Experience working with browser implementations like WebKit, Chromium, or Firefox
- Experience working with HTML5 Media Element
- Experience with multichannel audio technologies like Dolby Digital or DTS
- Experience with video compression technologies like H264 and H265
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.