Senior Software Engineer - ABC + Nat Geo + Marvel Unlimited - CMS
Seattle, Washington, United States / Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 825899BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 28, 2022
Job Summary:Flexible locations, including Seattle, WA / Burbank, CA / Bristol, CT
The Walt Disney Company has a rich tradition of creating innovative products and magical experiences for millions of people around the world. Software Engineers are at the heart of that innovation and magic, building platforms, services, tools and infrastructure for an unmatched collection of content and brands such as ABC, Disney, and ESPN.
As a member of a diverse and talented organization, your role as a Sr Software Engineer will craft elegant and extensible solutions, at scale, using modern frameworks and technologies to deliver the foundation systems that powers the products our guests and fans use every day. Products like; ESPN, National Geographic, Marvel Unlimited, ABC News, and ABC Entertainment.
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex problems
- Have the curiosity to research and learn new technologies
- Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Are passionate about software development
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Love working in a startup culture
then working at Disney is unlike anything else. We have the latest technology, game-changing ideas, and world-class talent. Come be a part of our team and help us find new ways to interact with users, however and wherever they connect with our brands.
Consumer Platform Engineering at DMED is hiring a Senior Software Engineer for the Content Technology software engineering team, to help build and support a world class CMS and image platform for brands such as ABC, Disney, ESPN, Marvel and National Geographic. Our systems and APIs help producers and editors publish great experiences for our customers, and are integral to our customized tools and workflows.
The Senior Software Engineer will help design and implement modern, scalable, and reliable systems that take advantage of a wide array of AWS services. You will help define platform capabilities, implementing core solutions using solid design principles, while balancing complexity, speed of implementation, and expandability.
- Participate in the design and implementation of multi-layered systems delivering highly reliable and scalable cast facing solutions.
- Research and learn new technologies
Provide guidance and enforcement of development practices and processes. Review code and work with junior engineers to ensure product and design specifications are met
- Collaborate & troubleshoot with the rest of the team in the analysis and resolution of hard engineering problems. You will collaborate on service performance, scalability, and event planning requirements
- Solid understanding of async programming models (events, callbacks, etc)
- Expertise designing APIs and building RESTful services
- Proven Experience with Java and open source technologies like Spring, Tomcat, Nginx, Solr, Redis, MongoDB, GraphQL, etc
- Experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS EC2, SQS, S3, Lambdas, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Cloudformation/Terraform, Fargate, etc.
- Exposure to full lifecycle of application development, including best practices of unit testing, code reviews, documentation, etc.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of software and database projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving. Strong analytical skills as well as solid capabilities for debugging and troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
- 4+ years relevant industry experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.