Senior Software Engineer ChromecastApply NowApply Later Job ID 931413BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 24, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Have the curiosity to research and learn new technologies
- Employ positive thinking and can work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Are passionate about web development
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Love working in a startup culture
then working at Disney is unlike anything else. We have the latest technology, game-changing ideas, and world-class talent. Come be a part of our team and help us find new ways to interact with users, however and wherever they connect with our brands.
- Prototype new features and research applicable technologies
- Implement best practices to continually increase performance and scalability
- Review code and pull requests to ensure product and design specifications are met
- Work with product and project management to refine specs and timelines
- Partner with other engineering teams to deliver best solutions
- Mentor and provide feedback to junior engineer
- Proven understanding of front-end web development technologies and principles
- Experience with video playback using HLS, MPEG-DASH, and Widevine DRM
- Experience with task automation (Grunt, Gulp, WebPack) and CSS Preprocessors (Less, Sass)
- Demonstrated ability to research and learn new technologies
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Driven and self-motivated
- Minimum 5 years relevant industry experience
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.