Senior Software Engineer (QA)
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 668991BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 23/05/2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, Disney+ and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Engineering Operations (EO) team within Product Engineering segment of DTCI is a highly-technical group that enables all software engineering teams to deliver world-class consumer-facing experiences by delivering services, tools and processes that promote rapid adaptation to change so we can execute quickly on new ideas.
Productivity Engineering team under EO, has one goal - speed to market. Our team develops and utilizes technology and industry best practices to impact the product development life cycle for consumer products across all media networks owned by The Walt Disney Company (ESPN, ABC Entertainment and News, Disney Channel Worldwide, Fox Now, National Geographic, etc.), with a focus on rapid delivery, metrics driven quality and predictability.
Responsibilities:This role is responsible for ensuring that testing is structured to promote high availability, scalability and with a high speed of delivery. Responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement cloud-based distributed systems for CI/CD tools with a focus on backend/ API REST services
- Participate in the design and implementation of Quality engineering / Test automation frameworks, systems and services
- Write applications and associated tests in Java and Python
- Evaluate the development processes of widely disparate teams to ensure consistency based upon industry standards
- Define High-level Test Metrics strategy and approaches for analyzing data generated by our tests
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as data modelling, visualization and reporting
- Hands-on experience with at least one modern programming language: Java (required), C#, or Python
- Strong technical leadership and ability to command respect at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with working with high volume web systems, especially supporting backend APIs
- Experience with a cloud-computing platform (Google, AWS, IBM, etc.)
- Experience implementing innovative solutions that adhere to QA architectural goals and principles.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate
- Advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff;
- Business issues with peers, superiors, and outside parties (e.g. vendors, partners).
- 6+ years preferred work experience with relevant technologies and with designing, implementing, administering, and supporting QA test systems
- Test automation
- Tools and processes for Functional, Performance, Security and Compliance testing
- CICD, pipelines: Jenkins, TeamCity, Distelli or similar
- 3+ years of experience leading QA teams
- Practical experience testing/exercising REST APIs - JSON preferred
- Strong programming skills with querying languages: SQL, SAS, etc
- Experience with testing tools: TestNG, Selenium etc
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: Predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources
- Past experience either in web services development or test automation
- Experience with DevSecOps
- Experience with Performance / load testing
- Experience leading a development team onsite and/or offshore.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Math
Additional Information:Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you have been looking for.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.