Sr Software Eng
Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID o25lffwr Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Hulu Date posted Jun. 15, 2021
Hulu's User Content Interactions Platform team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an outstanding addition to our technology team. The team is responsible for building and enhancing our platform to enable Hulu to deliver a dynamic experience to our viewers based on our viewers interactions with content. The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, security and reliability. If you are someone who loves simple, performant solutions to ambitious problems and is looking for a role that has significant growth potential, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and develop the large-scale, real-time, reliable and globally available platforms.
- Build robust and scalable micro-services and data pipelines.
- End to end ownership of backend services: Ideate, review design, build, code-review, test, load-test, launch, monitor performance.
- Collaborate with other team members (including product owners, TPMs, and other business units) to achieve product and business requirements.
- Use a mix of technologies including Java, Python, Kafka, Redis, MySQL, Flink, Spark, AWS.
- Challenge our team and software to be even better.
WHAT TO BRING
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Java, Python
- Extensive experience building highly scalable, reliable and maintainable services
- Enthusiasm for achieving sub-millisecond gains in service response time
- The quality-first mindset with a focus on test automation and CI/CD
- Great communication, collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- Strive for excellence
- Experience with AWS or other public cloud platforms
- Proficiency in data streaming technologies such as Spark and Flink
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.