Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 886569BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 20, 2021
Job Summary:The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
The Disney Technology Operations Center (DTOC) is a 24x7x365 critical services operation center serving as the central hub for the orchestration of service availability, with primary focus to rapidly respond to, correlate for, and reduce impact of outages. We are accountable for identifying and facilitating the resolution of service impacting events, and collaborating with other technology teams to prevent future impact through proactive event management, incident and problem analysis. The DTOC drives the execution of the major incident process including communication to executives and key stakeholders. The DTOC owns and executes the IT Emergency Operations Center Crisis Management plan and process, with responsibility for maturing the plan and its integration into the overall Corporate Crisis Management and TWDC programs. The DTOC also provides ongoing first and second-level technical support of requests, performs validation procedures for routine system/service checks, and fulfills proactive monitoring with communication for HyperCare of significant business events.
The team is responsible for end to end reliability and operations of IT services and performing consultations and training. They identify operational priorities by assessing operational objectives and determine project objectives, remove roadblocks, and anticipate customer needs including efficiency cost savings, energy conservation, time, and costs.
The Incident Commander will provide operational oversight and leadership and is responsible for restoring services through monitoring, identifying impact and urgency, and incident coordination with the technology organizations across different segments to reduce impact to guest and cast members.
This role will work with engineers and analysts at all levels, and the Incident Commander will interact with computer and software engineers, quality control specialists, infrastructure service leads, segment technologists, executive leadership, and others to ensure service availability, increase efficiency, and establish best practices for the execution and continuous improvement of the Major Incident, Event Management, Change Management, and Problem Management processes within the DTOC.
Additionally, this position will drive service improvement initiatives through proactive monitoring and enhancement actions from identified risks through analytics and problem management. The Incident Commander engineer is an active member of the service team focused on operations, ensuring the sustainability of operations by contributing to the development, testing, and evaluation of services supported.
Leverage partnerships with the business, customer base, and suppliers to successfully deliver services to meet agreed-upon expectations. Provides 24x7x365 first point-of-contact for centralized incident response and recovery. Provides all core services on a priority basis and with dedicated support to ensure the success of critical events.
- Seasoned technologist who will identify technology and execution challenges in solutions and products offered by Architecture and Engineering teams as well as outside vendors and OEMs.
- Must be familiar with complex network topics and availability approaches in an effort to drive performance from all network operations center functions.
- Carries and maintains a relevant and up-to-date skill set in the areas of x86 hardware technology, Windows, Linux, RISC operating systems, P-Series hardware, SAN, NAS and data protection technologies.
- Must have a working knowledge of relevant WAN/LAN technologies, wireless infrastructure, DNS/DHCP, Load-Balancers, WAN Accelerators, Telephony and other network technologies.
- Must have a solid understanding of Internet technologies and availability strategies for digital platforms.
- Perform as the incident commander on service outage calls, orchestrating recovery activities of DTOC and other technology teams to drive fast restoration of service without added risk to the organization, providing command and control of the call
- Effectively apply Incident Analysis and Problem Analysis technique during an incident and post-incident and ensure staff apply the same
- Drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the Event, Incident, Major Incident, Request Fulfillment and Problem Management processes
- Partner with suppliers to ensure third parties fulfill their contractual obligations with regard to response, diagnosis, resolution and providing RCA-related information and data
- Identify service improvement opportunities through trend analysis, proactive techniques, and after-action reviews
- Elevate any service gaps proactively with leadership
- Participate in creating, maintaining, and regularly reviewing department procedures, operational readiness plans and posture, aimed at improving the overall availability of IT services and infrastructure components, to ensure that existing and future business availability requirements can be met. This includes compiling daily operational reports and facilitation of operational readiness calls
- Ensure the DTOC is effectively monitoring available tools and systems for high availability and swift response to potential and actual outage situations
- During outage situations consistently provide Situation Reports in a timely fashion, ensure work streams toward resolution are clearly articulated following department procedures, and business impacts are obtained and all communicated
- Manage and provide the technical direction of the team to ensure 100% on-site coverage required to effectively support incidents, service requests, proactive health checks and HyperCare services
- Perform DR/BCP activities for critical events and emergency onsite response
- 3+ years experience supporting converged infrastructure stacks, including: application, compute, storage and networking
- 3+ years leading incident recovery with multi-disciplined geographically dispersed teams in a Fortune 500 organization
- Ability to work under pressure, meet internal and external work schedules and or deadlines and show effective time and crisis management skills
- 3+ years of experience in either a large IT shared services organization or outsourced environment
- Experience with hands-on support of cloud operations with one or more: AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Experience supporting diverse portfolios, multiple business applications and IT services
- Experience working in a 24x7 IT operations environment
- Demonstrated experience with Service and Event Management tools
- Demonstrated experience in systems integration, application infrastructure support and middleware operations
- Proven experience and understanding of root cause analysis techniques
- Proven ability to be detail, deadline, and results-oriented
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and encourage others
- Ability to manage competing priorities and workflow
- Vendor relationship management experience
- Comfortable working within a highly matrixed organization
- Expertise in supporting large-scale environments in a diverse culture
- Demonstrated attentiveness to detail, strong partnering skills, proactive problem-solving, and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to delivery work on time
- ITIL v3 Certification Preferred
Required EducationBA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Equivalent work experience would be considered in lieu of degree.
Additional Information:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.