Software Developer - Android
Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID o0Dtefw4 Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Hulu Date posted Feb. 03, 2021
Hulu’s Android Playback team is seeking a Software Developer with a passion for mobile applications to join our team in Seattle. Our small, high performance team is responsible for the apps that millions of Hulu users experience their premium TV content on every day. We strive to create and maintain the best Live and Video on Demand (VOD) application on a broad set of Android devices, from phones to tablets, from Android 5.0 to the latest developer preview. We would love to see samples of your work. If you have something to share, please make sure your resume references your GitHub account or an app in the Play Store.
On the Mobile team and at Hulu, we are accountable to one another, committed to aligning on common goals, and moving forward. We do so because we know that no one person or team alone could achieve what we’re out to do! As a team, we continuously analyze data to improve our Apps, our processes and how we work together.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to create a best-of-class video playback experience
- Implement the UI and integrate SDKs for new features and initiatives, working closely with developers from other platforms and backend services
- Demonstrate engineering excellence by developing test infrastructure, writing documentation, ensuring high performance, and following an agile development methodology
- Support and mentor other developers on the team
What to bring
- 3+ years of experience developing software
- You have an excellent eye for app architecture design and object-oriented programming paradigms
- Experience with Scrum and Agile best practices
- You are independent, proactive, and capable of driving results across teams
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills, especially over text
- 1+ years of experience developing native Android apps, experience working with Android Activity and Fragment lifecycles, custom views, and animations
- Familiarity with Kotlin, Android Studio, Gradle, and ADB
- Experience with test-driven development, test automation, and/or CI
- Familiar with common Android libraries like RxJava, Picasso, and Retrofit
- In-depth knowledge of web-service and data-driven application architecture
- Experience with streaming video, codecs, and DRM
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.