Software Engineer, Client ApplicationsApply NowApply Later Job ID P004734-R0010356 Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Hulu Date posted Sep. 22, 2021
The "Living Room" team at Hulu is responsible for building our modern "10-foot" UI that runs on a number of popular streaming-media devices like the Xbox, PlayStation, Roku, Fire TV, and Smart TVs to name only a few. We're passionate about building the best TV-watching experience for our users in the living room, and we want you to help us do it! Your work will directly impact millions of consumers, their experience with our service, and Hulu's business. What will the future of television look like; and will you be a part of it?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to create best-of-class, delightful TV-watching experiences.
- Collaborate with other developers to deliver a modern Hulu client to Roku, Xbox, Fire TV, PlayStation, Smart TVs and other streaming-media devices.
- Implement the UI for new product features and initiatives, working closely with other client developers from the Hulu website and mobile apps.
- Utilize data and experimentation to reinforce the value of new product functionality and ensure that we are providing the best experience possible for our viewers.
WHAT TO BRING
- Strong programming language and scripting skills.
- A solid understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Work samples demonstrating experience in building great user interfaces.
- Independence and an eagerness to learn new technologies.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience in front-end application development.
- Experience with Scrum methodology.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.