Software Engineer I
Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 881088BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 18, 2021
Job Summary:The Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution (DMED) group is comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services. The DMED segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Financial Intelligence team is responsible for building and maintaining products that collect, analyze, and present financial and accounting data across the DMED Digital Media Supply Chain (DMSC).
As an Associate Software Engineer, you will collaborate and innovate to deliver best in class financial and accounting data and intelligence systems and tooling. You will have an opportunity to develop solutions and contribute to the quality and advancement of our DMED Technology products. You will work alongside a talented group of financial technology experts, contributing code, analyzing possible solutions using standard procedures, and building your knowledge of the company, processes and brands.
- Write code to meet product specifications.
- Serve as an escalation point for technical problems and maintenance.
- Demo product features and fixes contributed to the team and/or product stakeholders.
- Develop quality technical documentation.
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming and software development.
- Knowledge of AWS, database systems, and operating systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Consistent and proactive self-starter.
- Experience working with
- Operations or application support
- High volume web applications and frameworks
- Help desk or ticketing software
- Working knowledge of and proficiency using
- Scripting languages; Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby
- OO software development, Java preferred
- Linux OS, Windows OS
- SQL and databases
- Standard networking protocols such as HTTP, UDP, etc.
- Familiarity or understanding of
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or another technical field, or equivalent.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.