Software Engineer II
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 715568BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 05/11/2019
You will work with Product and Business leaders to identify new areas of opportunity and with Engineers to build infrastructure and systems to support scalable consumption of the systems you build. You will be consulted on the creation of systems to expand the universe of data available for analyses. You will be relied on to help Senior Leaders across the company understand their organization through presentation of data.
Responsibilities:Reporting to the Director of Operational Intelligence, you will work closely with software developers in all phases of the software development lifecycle. Responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, and support data collection, storage and retrieval systems consisting of trillions of records
- Provide Software Developer support and training in the use of commercial and open source products and libraries.
- Act as liaison to peer technical and business teams and provide consultative guidance on collecting, interpreting and reporting operational data.
- Develop tools, processes, and documentation that improve operational efficiency.
- Support and train end-users.
- Contribute code or business improvements for bug fixes.
- 3 or more years of industry experience in designing, developing, implementing, or supporting software applications written in a modern development language such as Java, Python or C#.
- 3 or more years experience with OLTP, OLAP, or NoSQL systems.
- Experience working with
- Big Data tools such as Snowflake
- Data Visualization tools such as Tableau and libraries such as ggplot2
- Cloud databases such as RDS and Redshift
- Working knowledge of and proficiency using
- OO software development, Java preferred
- Linux OS, Windows OS, or MacOS
- Distributed queue systems such as Kinesis or Kafka
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a proactive, self-starter
- Able to work effectively across multiple disparate teams
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- MS/MA degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or equivalent experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.