Software Engineer II
Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 901965BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Dec. 16, 2021
Job Summary:As a Software Engineer, you will taking a hands-on role in engineering beautiful and functional user interfaces and interactions. You will use your front-end creative and engineering skills to assist in iteratively and continuously deploying new features, functionality, and products to our customers. You will be an important part of a lean DevOps and automation culture where as a frontend contributor, expected to collaborate with backend and UX teams to build optimized experiences for our end-users. The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked within the web software development ranks – typically possessing 2+ years of experience in a technical field creating scalable and performant web applications while providing detail oriented front-end web development.
The Walt Disney Company strives to get things done quickly, at high quality, and we are committed to the agile methodology. We do our work guided by a lean principle, looking at value and avoiding waste, with an emphasis on not doing anything ‘for the sake of doing it’. An ideal candidate is a passionate and impactful individual interested in adding their chapter to the long and storied history of The Walt Disney Company. Someone who holds themselves and their teammates accountable in a professional, collaborative manner while also seeking to bring the best out in themselves and those around them
- Builds solution components for problems of medium scope and complexity that have been successfully deployed to customers/users.
- Is developing a strong knowledge base in one or two key areas in software engineering.
- Focuses on coding at the component level.
- Works with relevant personnel across the organization on project issues.
- Participates in developing specifications for assigned components, projects or fixes.
- Writes code, completes programming, writes tests, performs testing and debugs code.
- Contributes to the evolution of the team’s software engineering practices, recommending changes in development, coding, maintenance and system standards.
- Efficiently supports owned software throughout the lifecycle.
- Performs technical maintenance and troubleshooting for component and maintains documentation.
- Reviews code to uphold standards for readability and maintainability.
- Applies standard practices and procedures to resolve a variety of moderately complex technical issues.
- Identifies problems without necessarily being able to provide solutions.
- Reviews many factors and uses judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine actions.
- Makes routine and non-routine decisions on technical issues, with guidance from leader.
- Serves as a technical resource for less experienced software engineers.
- Receives and transmits semi-routine information requiring some explanation or interpretation, typically to members of one technical team.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.