Disney Streaming's Living Room Devices team is seeking a Software Engineer who will be an outstanding addition to our browser-based devices team. The right person for this role is highly motivated, collaborative, and technical, with the ability to coordinate across teams and empower both themselves and others in striving for and achieving excellence. Everything we do directly affects millions of global consumers, their experience with our service, and impacts our business.
Whether you’re in New York, California, Seattle, or remote, we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry.
What will the future of streaming look like; and are you ready to be a part of it?
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to build best-of-class, delightful streaming experiences.
- Collaborate with other developers to build, review, and deliver modern media applications to Samsung, LG, and other streaming-media devices.
- Use data and experimentation to reinforce the value of new product functionality, ensure that we are providing the best experience possible for our viewers, and continuously improve our applications.
- A deep understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Experience developing sophisticated user interfaces in a large and organized codebase.
- Work samples demonstrating experience in building great user interfaces.
- Independence, the ability to work towards results, and an eagerness to learn new technologies & tackle novel problems.
- Experience building browser based applications with Preact/React and Redux.
- Experience with our common development tools such as: GitHub, Jenkins, Webpack, AWS, Confluence, JIRA.
- Experience building applications backed by web-services.
- Experience developing for Samsung, LG, or similar devices.
- Launched or worked on an international product.
- Strong experience with Scrum methodology.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.