Software Engineer, RenderMan Integrations
Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID R-02991 Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Pixar Animation Studios Date posted Jul. 16, 2021
- Collaborate with engineers across teams at Pixar and third party vendors to bring the newest technology to RenderMan's bridge tools
- Maintain and improve RenderMan's sophisticated software subsystems
- Proactively test new and existing functionality to ensure the highest levels of quality
- Provide hands-on support to customers and fix bugs in legacy code
- Author high quality internal and end-user documentation
- Contribute to team efforts by participating in design discussions, sharing engineering responsibilities, and encouraging adoption of good development practices
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Professional experience or a proven proficiency in C++ and Python
- Experience developing on multiple operating systems (Linux, Mac and Windows)
- Familiarity with the latest developments in the computer graphics industry
- Ability to work well independently within a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience developing for Houdini and other 3D applications (e.g., Maya, Blender, Katana)
- Experience constructing and shipping commercial software is a plus
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Pixar Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Pixar Animation Studios.
Pixar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.