Software Engineer, Solutions
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 712553BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 15/10/2019
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
The Customer Solutions team is responsible for supporting internal users and developers throughout The Walt Disney Company who use Enterprise Technology in their custom developed applications. Business partners utilizing Enterprise Technology solutions include WDPRO, ESPN, ABC, DI, Corporate, Marvel, DCP.
As a Software Engineer, you will assist and educate developers, PM/BA’s and system engineers within our business partners on the use of Enterprise Technology services and applications. You will be responsible for responding to user tickets, answering questions, troubleshooting issues, debugging and fixing code, correcting data, facilitating conversations between teams, tracking enhancement requests and ensuring that the customer request is routed correctly for timely resolution.
Responsibilities:Reporting to the Customer Solutions Manager, you will work closely with software developers in all phases of the software development life cycle. Responsibilities include:
- Provide Software Developer support and training in the use of product API’s and libraries.
- Act as an escalation point for system engineering teams who maintain the production servers and deployments.
- Provide consulting to customers during application discovery, planning and integration.
- Develop tools, processes, and documentation that improve operational efficiency.
- Support and train end-users.
- Contribute code or business improvements for bug fixes.
- 1 or more year’s industry experience in designing, developing, implementing, or supporting software applications.
- 1 or more years working in an operations or application support environment
- Operations or application support
- High volume web applications and frameworks
- Help desk or ticketing software
Working knowledge of and proficiency using:
- Scripting languages; Perl, PHP, Ruby
- OO software development, Java preferred
- Linux OS, Windows OS
- SQL and databases
- Standard networking protocols such as HTTP, UDP, etc
Familiarity or understanding of:
- Deployment, monitoring, and issue management best practices
- Networking and systems administration (both Windows and Linux
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a proactive, self-starter
- Able to work effectively across multiple disparate teams
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or equivalent
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.