Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 703098BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 10/09/2019
The Customer Solutions team is responsible for supporting internal users and developers throughout The Walt Disney Company who use DTCI services in their custom developed applications.As a Software Engineer, you will assist and educate developers, PM/BA’s and system engineers within our business partners on the use of DTCI services and applications. You will be responsible for responding to user tickets, answering questions, troubleshooting issues, debugging and fixing code, correcting data, facilitating conversations between teams, tracking enhancement requests and ensuring that the customer request is routed correctly for timely resolution.
Reporting to the Customer Solutions Manager, you will work closely with software developers in all phases of the software development lifecycle. Responsibilities include:
- Provide Software Developer support and training in the use of product API’s and libraries.
- Act as an escalation point for system engineering teams who maintain the production servers and deployments.
- Provide consulting to customers during application discovery, planning and integration.
- Develop tools, processes, and documentation that improve operational efficiency.
- Support and train end-users.
- Contribute code or business improvements for bug fixes.
- 1 or more year’s industry experience in designing, developing, implementing, or supporting software applications.
- 1 or more years working in an operations or application support environment
- Experience working with
- Operations or application support
- High volume web applications and frameworks
- Help desk or ticketing software
- Working knowledge of and proficiency using
- Scripting languages; Perl, PHP, Ruby
- OO software development, Java preferred
- Linux OS, Windows OS
- SQL and databases
- Standard networking protocols such as HTTP, UDP, etc.
- Familiarity or understanding of
- Deployment, monitoring, and issue management best practices
- Networking and systems administration (both Windows and Linux)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a proactive, self-starter
- Able to work effectively across multiple disparate teams
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or equivalent.
- MS/MA degree in Computer Science or other technical field, preferred.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you have been looking for.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.