Software Engineering Internship, Data Platforms- Seattle, Fall 2019
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 676171BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 05/06/2019
Job Summary:We're looking for an intern to work with our Consumer Identity team within our DTCI Data platforms group. This role will use knowledge of microservice oriented architecture and asynchronous programming techniques to develop a high concurrency service model.
A successful candidate will partner closely with product management, architecture, and development teams to establish patterns for building extremely scalable web-service based applications.
- Partner closely with development teams to design, implement and analyze experiments to drive data-based decisions on application structure direction.
- Implement tests to establish baselines for concurrent performance and execute them across a suite of frameworks for comparison.
- Clearly communicate and present your research and insights to all levels of the company.
- Establish best practices through hands-on experimentation and implementations.
- Strong programming skills and a proven ability to learn new programming techniques
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to convey information and results clearly
- Ability to work independently and drive your own projects
- Familiarity building with AWS cloud infrastructure
- Proficiency with JVM programming languages such as Java or Scala
- Exposure to reactive frameworks such as Akka, Vert.x, RxJava
- Coursework in distributed systems is a plus
- A strong drive to have fun while building the best systems possible is a strong plus
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Junior or Senior of Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or related degree achieved or in progress
- The approximate dates of this internship are September - December 2019
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.