Sr. Build and Release Engineer
Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID ogOOefwQ Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Hulu Date posted May. 27, 2021
The "Living Room Devices" team at Hulu is responsible for building our modern "10-foot" UI that runs on a number of popular streaming-media devices like the Xbox, PlayStation, Roku, and Fire TV, to name just a few. We are looking for a Release Manager to join our team, where you will help deliver the apps our teams build and push the boundaries of what is possible. We're passionate about building the best TV-watching experience for our users in the living room and we want you to help us do it! Your work will directly impact millions of consumers, their experience with our service, and Hulu's business. What will the future of television look like; and will you be a part of it?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with all partners in Dev, QA, and Product to assemble cross-organizational project teams, supervising progress and delivering releases
- Track results of all required tests, analyze release blockers, and enable successful resolution
- Continuously evaluate the efficiency of existing processes and procedures of release management and improve practices
- Work with various engineering leads, project managers and QA leads to own the build and deploy process across multiple applications simultaneously
- Manage continuous integration process for Roku, Smart TVs, PlayStation, Xbox, and set-top boxes
- Maintain and develop build management systems (Jenkins, scripts, build servers, etc.)
- Drive standard methodologies for source control, continuous integration and release management.
- Work with systems engineers to stand up and support build server instances
- Help build and maintain testing systems for all applications
WHAT TO BRING
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, be a phenomenal teammate
- 2+ years experience as technical project manager, devops engineer or release manager style role
- 2+ years experience on an agile development team
- Strong understanding of continuous integration principles and practices
- Solid understanding of Jira, Slack and integrating them with a build process.
- Experience building sophisticated apps using yarn and Visual Studio
- Excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 2+ years proven experience
- Experience distributing builds on Roku Channel Store, Sony DevNet, Microsoft Dev Portal, Samsung Seller Office
- Strong understanding of Jenkins, Git, writing build scripts and distributing builds to both internal assets for testing, as well as to app stores for submission
- Broad understanding of programming structure (makefiles, headers, code) and compilation process (compile, link) experience with multi-platform (Unix, Windows, etc.) build environments
- Demonstrated ability working with large, sophisticated products
- Experience in defining release readiness criteria, ensuring all changes meet criteria prior to deployment
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Hulu is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.