Sr Data EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 2114182820220508 Location Seattle, Washington, United States / Orlando, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 21, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Enterprise Cloud Data & Analytics team supports internal business data and insights needs for the entire The Walt Disney Company enterprise like monthly supplier invoice validation, monthly internal chargeback, forecasting, cost optimization, etc.
We apply data engineering and business intelligence analysis to various data sources to generate business insights in the form of curated data. We also maintain the data system that supports secure, on-demand consumption of curated data by our internal consumers.
- Develop and maintain automated data solutions that ingest, transform and generate insights in the form of curated data.
- Support and maintain the shared consumer data platform with regard to data organization, access, security and role appropriate access.
- Analyze and model data to design data solutions that provide business insights.
- Recognizing patterns and opportunities to consolidate implementations and/or create standards
- Have a growth mindset and a desire to learn
- Be proactive and have initiative
- Active participation in the team
- Provide clear and concise communication to technical and non-technical audiences
- Engage in dialectics to advocate for the best ideas
- Experience within a Data Engineering or related role
- SQL and Python development experience
- Data analysis and data modeling
- Data Architecture
- Familiarity with Cloud concepts
Preferred Qualifications :
- Databricks experience including, Spark, PySpark and Hive
- Operating in an AWS, Azure and/or GCP cloud environment
- Data engineering on cloud cost and usage data
Required Education :
- Bachelors Degree in Software/Data Science or other related area or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.