Sr Data Scientist
Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 772673BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 11, 2021
Job Summary:Cloud Platform Engineering creates software solutions in the cloud and for Disney teams to operate in the cloud. We enable them to do more in the cloud securely, and in less time. You will be the first Data Scientist to join this team! We do so by providing:
- cloud account provisioning and automation
- centralized cloud logging, operational and best practices insights
- cloud cost related analytics and avoidance recommendations
- Provide data driven solutions for business needs related to enterprise and individual cloud accounts including but not limited to cost analytics and avoidance recommendations.
- Answer business questions using cloud data and cloud data analysis tooling.
- Design, educate and implement data solutions as scalable cloud solutions.
- Understand the current and ongoing landscape of analytical techniques including classic statistical analysis, data modeling, regression, anomalous detection, clustering, contextualization, etc.
- Mitigate cognitive biases in generation and presentation of reports and information
- Education of stakeholders, teams and leadership
- Communicate insights, design and implementation to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Partner with internal data experts, developers, and tech teams to develop and maintain existing solutions and create new solutions.
- + years of hands-on experience designing, building, and evaluating practical data science solutions to solve business problems
- 3+ years Python or R
- 2+ years in AWS or Azure
- 1+ years in machine learning
- Experience in data capture, analysis and reporting in a cloud environment
- Proven track record of extracting accurate conclusions and identifying trends from quantitative information.
- Experience providing and communicating complex quantitative analysis reports and data visualization in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience driving and completing projects through technical leadership in a complex, matrixed organization Skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud KPIs regarding cost, usage and operational dimensions
- Knowledge and experience with SQL and NoSQL design, DDL and DML.
- Knowledge and experience with Big Data management, processing and analysis tools and strategies in Azure and/or AWS
- Knowledge and experience with cloud available Machine Learning frameworks and tools such as Tensor Flow , PyTorch, ONNX, etc
- Data processing & ML languages (Python, R)
- Knowledge and familiarity with data visualization and presentation tools and strategies.
- Understanding of data sovereignty and data localization and how they impact implementation for data processing, aggregation, analysis and presentation.
- AWS Certification - Machine Learning
- MS Certification - Azure Data Scientist Associate
- MS Certification - Azure AI Engineer Associate
- Masters or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.