Sr. iOS Software Engineer
Seattle, WA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 769921BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 04, 2020
Job Summary:We are looking for a Senior iOS software engineer to join our digital photo imaging platform team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on the guest apps used in Disneyland and Walt Disney World. If interesting technical challenges and developing industry leading apps used by millions of guests from all over the world excites you, then this is might be the role for you.
- Be a part of a collaborative team of world-class software engineers
- Work on a cutting-edge and evolving technology stack
- Develop features used by millions of guests at Disneyland and Walt Disney World
- Influence the innovation of high-profile Disney experiences
- Develop feature-rich native iOS applications for iPhones
- Write clear, concise, testable, and performant code
- Debug production issues and solve novel problems
- Work with other developers to create sustainable, well-architected solutions that are built to last
- Be part of an agile team participating in the full development lifecycle
- Mentor other engineers and collaborate with peers through code reviews
- 5+ years of iOS development in a team environment
- Excellent understanding of Swift, Apple Frameworks, and Xcode
- Able to efficiently apply the MVC design pattern
- Experience with asynchronous event handling and service API integrations
- Operates independently at a top-tier level but willing to seek assistance when required
- Insists on high standards of quality for their deliverables
- Maintains a positive open-mindset with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Able to prioritize competing demands based on business value
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders (technical and non-technical)
- Functional programming (eg. Combine, RxSwift)
- Carthage dependency management
- Experience with Git tools and GitHub repositories
- Comfortable working with command line tools
- Linux, OS X, or BSD experience
- Working knowledge of Makefiles
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.