Sr. Manager, EngineeringApply Now Apply Later Job ID 522522BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 13, 2018
Job Summary:The Disney Enterprise Technology group in Seattle develops Internet applications and services for all the domestic and international businesses and brands across The Walt Disney Company. Our business partners include ABC, Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media, Disney Studios, ESPN, Marvel, Walt Disney International, and Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.
The Content Management Systems team is responsible for developing and managing Content Management and Digital Asset Management solutions used by businesses across the company.
Responsibilities:The Senior Manager of the Content Management Systems Engineering team is responsible for the development and management of a set of web content management and digital asset management products and services used by several businesses to produce many of the top applications and sites across the company, including ESPN.com, ESPN app, ABC Watch app, and ABCNews.com.
This is a highly involved and highly visible leadership position responsible for owning a set of products and services, managing a development team and managing several development projects. Primary job responsibilities include:
- Product owner for set of web content management and digital asset management products and services. Responsible for setting strategic product direction and roadmap, onboarding new users, and regularly meeting with existing customer groups across the company to align with their roadmaps and intake their requirements and new feature requests.
- Dev manager for multiple concurrent development projects, including development of new solutions and ongoing product evolution for existing products and services.
- Managing and mentoring team of software engineers.
- Collaborate closely with internal partner groups across the organization including QA, Ops, Customer Solutions, Build Engineering, and Client Engagement.
- First-line budget and cost management for content management services. Responsible for helping set budget and chargeback strategy and responsible for understanding and managing costs of services on a monthly basis.
- Minimum 10 years work experience in software engineering
- Minimum 5 years managing software engineering teams
- Minimum 2 years experience as Product Owner of a Tier 1 product/service
- Object-oriented programming in Java or C/C++
- Experience developing high-scale web services
- Experience operating in cloud based environments (AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with web content management and digital asset management
- Industry experience in media, entertainment, sports and news
- Experience with large data store systems and technologies
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.