Sr. Manager, Information Security Architecture – Cloud Tools & Process
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 723210BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 13, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance and protect these exciting experiences.
The Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, enforcement, and education across the enterprise. We protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives. GIS teams are located in Seattle, Burbank, and Orlando.
In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology. This process includes:
- Analysis of known and emerging threats to determine risks against TWDC assets
- Creation, maintenance, governance and communication of security policies and standards across TWDC
- Assessment and audit of compliance against the security policies and standards
- Assurance that TWDC assets are effectively managed and monitored to meet TWDC security criteria
The Information Security Architecture team develops and guides technology risk management in collaboration with teams across the company to enable responsive, secure and cost effective solutions. We are a highly versatile and technical team, gleaning from network engineering, application security, architecture, risk assessment and control alignment. We are a lean team of security specialists that are here to:
- Drive Strategic Programs - Cloud
- Identity solutions to remediate risk
- Analyze data to drive decisions
- Document processes and standards to identify efficiency and maintain consistency
- Work with BUs to ensure security services are integrated with their solutions
- Evaluate solutions, architectures and processes to assess risk
- Support Third Party Assessments driven by Compliance
Responsibilities:The Sr. Manager, Information Security Architecture – Cloud Tools & Processes will be responsible for driving planning, and organizing and executing of Cloud Security Tools managed in Security Architecture. This includes managing direct reports, vendors, budget, and technology. Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written skills are core to partnering in TWDC. The person filling this position must be capable of hands on involvement in the operation of the processes and technology.
Technical – Tools Management:
- Drive and deliver features, projects, functions and operations for Cloud Security Tools managed in Security Architecture (i.e. continuous cloud verification, cloud container security, DLP on SaaS, reporting dashboard)
- Manage creation and deliver of tactical roadmap for Cloud Security Tool with vendors and TWDC stakeholders
- Host monthly vendor reviews of production support and feature development
- Manage Quarterly Business Review preparation with vendor
- Responsible for GIS SecArch Cloud Security tool operational process creation and maintenance
- Enable strategic business objectives and risk management through the evaluation, investment and delivery of enabling technology
- Manage and measure specific Risk and Operational metrics
- Provide input and guidance on strategies, processes and investments
- Develop and maintain Cloud Security Tool operational processes in alignment with the Strategy and key partners in GIS, Enterprise Technology, and Segments
- Support Leadership in managing and measuring strategic endeavors through Risk and Operational metrics
- Represent Security Architecture Cloud Tools work in GIS cross team cloud work initiatives.
- Partner with the Cloud Automation Systems Engineering Team in automation and configuration initiatives for all cloud service providers
- Seek and provide active and frequent coaching
- Lead positive change efforts by guiding the team and customers through, awareness, buy-in, commitment and acceptance, resulting in enhanced business performance
- Ensure the team is delivering on projects and commitments
- Promote a “one team” culture through collaboration and teamwork
- Own and drive team intake process prioritize work across the team
- Ensure technology investments, deliver on their portion of the value promise
- Facilitate resolution of application and service delivery needs
- Ensure customer service through issue response and resolution management
- Lead with practicality and wisdom in the midst of competing priorities and diverse personalities
- Minimum 10 years in technology organizations with 5-7 years of success leading a security discipline within large organizations
- Demonstrated experience in information security, privacy or a data protection-related function
- Proven understanding of information security risk assessment and risk management procedures and methodologies
- Ability to correlate enterprise risk with appropriate administrative, physical and technical security controls
- Strong knowledge of information security principles, standards, practices and technologies
- Strong knowledge of industry and regulatory requirements (i.e., PCI, SOX, Safe Harbor)
- Proven strong background in IT Security and Operational processes
- Demonstrated experience leading work of others
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- Ability to develop strong working relationships
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- CISSP, CISM, CISA or equivalent
- BA/BS in business or computer science or appropriate work experience
- Masters or other advanced degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.