Sr Manager, Linear Ads QA
Seattle, Washington, United States / New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 875039BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 02, 2021 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
Job Summary:The DMED Technology organization plays a central role in the future growth of The Walt Disney Company. Our team is responsible for worldwide linear and digital media distribution, design and development of all consumer-facing digital products, advertising technology, consumer data, and international broadcast operations. Our employees are leading, creating, and innovating, making bold moves in unexpected directions that redefine not just what a media company does, but what it can do. With The Walt Disney Company, you can be part of media's evolution, helping us create what's next.
The DMED team in Santa Monica is seeking a Technical Sr. Manager to join our Engineering Services team to build test automation and processes to ensure the quality of our advertising systems. When our systems work properly, they are able to reliably deliver relevant ads to all of our viewers; driving higher revenue for our business and helping our customers to discover brands and products that are relevant to their interests. Defects in our ad systems can negatively impact revenue and deliver advertisements that detract from the viewer experience due to irrelevance, repetition, and other factors. This is a unique opportunity to join an excellent team and have a meaningful impact on the QE and automation process and culture, as well as the products we release. As a result, those most likely to excel in this role are independent, creative, and able to operate effectively in ambiguous circumstances. If you are interested in a leading role with a heavy emphasis on automated testing where the results of your work will have a significant impact on the business and be highly visible to company leadership, then this might be the right opportunity for you!
- Work closely with Software Engineers and leadership to understand the complex advertising ecosystem in place at DMED
- Establish and manage testing processes inside scrum teams/squads
- Manage the development of QE automation framework components and provide technical guidance to team members
- Participate in design discussions to help evolve DMED advertising platforms in a way that enables richer testing scenarios that simplify defect detection and prevention
- Supervise triage, diagnosis, and resolution of issues discovered across teams
- Be responsible for timely delivery of the high-quality product
- Be responsible for recruitment, career development, and performance assessment of the team members
- Lead innovation, development, and improvement of daily processes
- Minimum of 8 years of hands-on software test development experience and at least 4 years of technical leadership
- Passion around driving best practices in the testing space
- Proficiency with Python
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and agile approaches
- Strong desire for establishing and improving product quality
- Experience building or improving test automation frameworks.
- Proficiency with CICD integration and pipeline development in Jenkins, Spinnaker, or other similar tools.
- Willingness to take challenges head-on while being part of a team
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or work experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.