Sr Manager Software EngineeringApply NowApply Later Job ID 870991BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Hulu Date posted Nov. 23, 2021
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Software Engineering. The ideal candidate will be able to put people first, lead and inspire their direct reports, while having a strong background in designing robust internal APIs and toolsets, be knowledgeable about best practices, and share our joint passion for continuously making the Disney Streaming curation systems better.
- Drive the technical vision and evolution of the services owned by the team.
- Lead architectural and design discussions to help the team build highly scalable and critical services in a microservices architecture.
- Work with Product Managers, Product Designers, QA, Support and other cross-functional teams to drive the vision and roadmap for the team.
- Lead and grow the team by hiring and retaining top engineering talent.
- Participate in Agile methodology and SCRUM processes such as Sprint Planning, Backlog grooming, Daily Standups and Retrospectives with the team.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Demonstrated success working as a Senior Engineer/Architect of meaningful & complex distributed tier 1 backend tooling and services in the critical path, prior to transitioning into a manager role.
- Experience working with cloud based deployments.
- Experience hiring top engineering talent and making tough decisions.
- Strong partner and communicator with ability to articulate the team vision and technical concepts to cross-functional stakeholders.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.