Sr. Product Manager II - Consumer Identity & AccessApply NowApply Later Job ID 975435BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 11, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
As a Senior Product Manager II – Consumer Identity & Access Management (CIAM), you will participate in efforts to continuously enhance consumer identity experiences and the underlying platforms enabling them across the entirety of The Walt Disney Company.
This role will include external market analysis and internal capability assessment to shape the decisions and rationale for feature investments and approaches. You’ll help drive feature roadmaps for authentication, device management, and single sign on. This role will work closely with engineering teams as “the voice of the customer and the business.” In addition, the candidate will drive usage and adoption of new features and services with Walt Disney Company business units, including creating and socializing go-to-market plans for integrated products, ensuring our guests derive the benefits expected.
The Walt Disney Company strives to build the right features, deliver them at the right time, and with exceptional quality, and we embrace agile and lean methodologies to get us there efficiently and sustainably. An ideal candidate is a passionate and impactful individual interested in contributing their unique skills and abilities to The Walt Disney Company’s global reputation for creating magical and meaningful experiences. We seek someone who holds themselves and their teammates accountable in a professional, collaborative manner while also seeking to bring out the best in themselves and their teams.
- Deeply understand TWDC customer identity use cases and CIAM industry trends
- Provide coaching and mentoring to fellow product leaders to guide and refine discovery, analysis, justification, requirements, and other product artifacts
- Own the creation and management of product artifacts, such as product briefs, feature epics, and user stories; plus go to market materials such as promotional decks
- Responsible for working across management and senior stakeholders–including business, legal, brand, security, architecture and engineering–to creatively and innovatively solve problems and build out annual and quarterly priorities and roadmaps
- Define leading indicators and success metrics for CIAM features; including plans to assess and review outcomes
- Define, build out, regularly consult with, and drive evolution of, a body of Identity-related analytics and metrics, that can be relied on to prove out successes and deficiencies in current identity products and features; consistently use these to build cases for roadmap prioritization
- Contribute to the identity product quality by conducting competitive analysis to ensure Disney identity experiences are modern, intuitive and fully featured, and identify opportunities to delight our customers
- Identify process gaps within immediate working team, suggest improvements and work cross-functionally to assist in implementing improvements
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience in a related industry or functional area
- Detail- and data-oriented, with the ability to plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment, with a bias toward continuously aligning key stakeholders (business, legal, brand, security, architecture, engineering) on product plans
- Ability to learn quickly about multiple functional areas across Disney’s far-reaching, global businesses
- Ability to creatively and collaboratively problem solve in a dynamic business environment, often with conflicting inputs from different stakeholders, with a bias to action and objective focus on achieving business value
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proven ability to present complex problems clearly and concisely
- Experience with agile software development and scrum framework
- Product management experience in media industry and/or identity and access management (IAM) features preferred
- Strongly passionate about the opportunity to work for The Walt Disney Company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree with educational background in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied and Computational Math Sciences, Human Computer Interaction, Information Systems or related fields
- Master's/MBA/Technical degrees highly recommended
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.