Sr Project Manager - Scrum MasterApply Now Apply Later Job ID 496678BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May. 01, 2018
Job Summary:This position will be part of the Identity & Data Platforms team, and is responsible for leading software development teams to deliver high quality enterprise solutions utilizing, and driving ongoing improvements to, an agile software development life-cycle. They will ensure that their software development team is positioned, working strategically with product management and key stakeholders, to refine complex business problems through a series of sprint planning, execution, release and retrospective cycles; quickly identifying and preventing or removing impediments as needed.They will act as an agile coach and mentor to members of their software development team and play an active role across the organization to affect positive change in the teams’ agility. They will utilize varied techniques in conjunction with exceptional verbal and written communication skills to deliver schedule-driven features on time by coordinating with other teams to align on technical design and delivery timelines.They will help evaluate feature complexity against team velocity to better inform product budget, prioritization, and feature availability implications.
- Work with Product Owners to understand and refine complex business problems into a prioritized backlog
- Work with Engineering Managers, Product Owners and Engineering Leads to establish and meet sprint committments
- Work collaboratively with the team to address all relevant implementation details involved in each story
- Seek to achieve continuous flow by ensuring the work is balanced and progressing, while removing roadblocks and meeting delivery commitments
- Conduct, and increase the value of, all scrum ceremonies including sprint planning, backlog refinement, standups, sprint review, and sprint retrospective
- Promote and ensure adherence to team’s norms and operating procedures (e.g., secure coding, built-in quality, devops, etc.)
- Coordinate feature releases with other related scrum teams and system teams
- Proactively communicate status and updates with key stakeholders and executive leadership
- Participate in decision making that leads to best-in-class agile software development capabilities, and drive continuous improvement
- Champion for agile software development
- 5-7 years of product development experience, ideally in web and mobile software engineering or related field
- Hold a current ScrumMaster certification or recognition of your Agile project experience
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced matrixed environment with externally imposed milestones (e.g., regulatory compliance)
- Be intimately familiar with the agile software development principles along with a demonstrated ability to lead teams toward increased agility over time
- Expert in cross group communication, able to get buyoff from business, operations and peers.
- Experience as a member of a high performing team working in a fast-paced enterprise software development environment while demonstrating a strong ability to balance multiple priorities and respond to urgent issues and/or changes in product priorities.
- Superior attention to detail supported by excellent written and verbal communication with all levels of personnel
- Passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, driving outcomes across multiple prioritiesAbility to thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment; relentless innovator. Challenges status quo and champions best-in-class technical solutions and problem-solving
- Strong technical aptitude with conceptual and logical understanding of full stack web, mobile and OTT software and data architectures
- Effectively leverages technical and business expertise to optimize team delivery
- Comfortable leading high performing technical teams through the development and deployment of complex enterprise solutions
- Possesses excellent people interaction skills, maintaining a high level of professionalism to demonstrate the ability to influence up and down the organization
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong commitment to aligning team delivery with strategic objectives and discipline to measure delivered outcomes
- Demonstrates deep curiosity and Mickey attention to detail
- Strong planning, prioritization and organization skills
- Scrum Master Certification
- Media and entertainment industry experience, consulting experience
- SAFe Certification (desired)
- Product Owner Certification (desired)
- BA/BS in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree and/or experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.