Sr. Software Engineer - Android
Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 803802BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 15, 2021
Job Summary:“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products (DPEP) Technology & Digital. And it permeates everything we do. As a Senior Android Developer at Disney in Seattle you will be a part of the core team that builds the Disneyland, My Disney Experience (Disney World) and Hong Kong Disneyland mobile apps. The apps are used directly by park Guests to enhance and guide their visits to the park to make their experience as magical as possible.
As a Senior Android Developer, you will apply technical expertise to manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables and will be responsible to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions. You will be working in an Agile environment, partnering with cross-functional teams to define new product requirements, features, and functionality. In this senior level capacity, you will be expected to both be able to act autonomously for day-to-day activities and also guide junior engineers in their day-to-day activities.
- Design and develop solutions for software fixes and new features using test driven development.
- Analyze user stories, provide realistic estimations and participate in sprint planning, scrums, demos and retrospectives.
- Create detailed software development documentation and assist in assigning tasks to team members.
- Create pull requests and perform code reviews for peers and related teams.
- Monitor and maintain KPIs for application performance and services integration.
- Write unit and UI tests for your code.
- Build well-designed, well-engineered, stable, performant native Android applications using Kotlin and Java.
- Guide other team members by providing oversight and direction.
- Recommend improvements to processes, technologies, and coding practices that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Strong ability to maintain focus and problem solve in a dynamic, fast-paced environment working with cross-functional teams.
- 6+ years of software development experience with a minimum of 4+ years of Android and Kotlin development experience.
- Experience working in an Agile Team consisting of product managers, project managers, design, QA and tech.
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin, Android Studio, Android UI design principles, patterns, and
- best practices related to application development concepts, designs, and architectures.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with senior leaders, technical colleagues and partners across several different geographic locations and time zones.
- Software performance optimization experience (app sizing, memory usage, CPU, scaling, etc...)
- Self-motivated, quick learner, passion for consumer software.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Strong knowledge of unit testing and continuous integration.
- Experience leading projects and providing technical direction
- Code samples in Github
- Some iOS development knowledge
- JIRA and Confluence knowledge
- Experience contributing to at least one app in Google Play Store
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the software development field.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.