Sr Software Engineer (PH)
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 724030BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 15/11/2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
Identity & Access Management Engineering is a group within Disney Technology Solutions and Services organization. The group is responsible for the development and support of key foundational software components used by businesses across The Walt Disney Company (which includes ESPN, ABC, Marvel Comics, Pixar and Lucas Film, in addition to the Disney-branded businesses like Disney Online, Disney Studios and Disney Parks & Resorts).
Responsibilities:We are looking for a talented software developer with experience developing high-performance, highly scalable systems. You will be responsible for designing and developing new software as well as maintaining existing systems. You will work as part of small, highly focused and fast paced development team, and will be responsible for participating in all stages of the software development lifecycle. Solid design and analysis skills and the ability to find innovative solutions to difficult problems are required.
- Participate in the design and implementation of systems delivering high throughput services.
- Write efficient, reliable, and maintainable code whether implementing architectural improvements, user-facing features, or fixing bugs
- Collaborate & troubleshoot with the rest of the team in the analysis and resolution of hard engineering problems involving high trafficked web application services and API’s
- Participate in sprint plan review meetings to review functional and design specs and understand how those impact features in development
- Interface with internal & external teams to define requirements and schedules on tasks
- Work with our Automation team to translate manual test cases in automated test scripts
- Provide support to partner teams analyzing data workflows and delivery of existing features
- Deliver working software, in coordination with the other Software Engineers on the team
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Stay current with the latest development best practices
- Embrace a highly collaborative team that rewards quality code and effective communication
- Minimum 5-10 years’ relevant software development experience.
- Experience working with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- API Development
- Familiarity with common Java and UI frameworks such as Spring and Angular.
- Familiarity with secure development practices with a “security-first” mind-set
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a proactive, self-starter
- Able to work effectively across multiple disparate teams
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or equivalent.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.