Sr Software Engineer, Test (PH)
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 715827BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 14/11/2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
The Enterprise Technology Identity and Access Management (IAME) Software Quality Engineering (SQE) team is embedded in product development. SQE provides software verification and validation on IAME applications and services to ensure a high quality customer experience, to protect the Disney brand and to reduce the cost of support.
Responsibilities:In contrast to traditional QA organizations, SQE operates as an engineering discipline within the overall software engineering organization with the charter to design, develop and execute test automation. While SQE supports developers as they write unit tests, our primary focus is on test validation & delivery of executables – be it functional or architecture. With that notion, we develop test code & automation for the system/software/architecture-under-test, covering Functional, Contract/SLA, Performance, E2E and Security test areas. Manual testing is highly selective, used in support of one of the following; new functionality that is not ready (i.e. mature/stable) for automation, deprecated legacy code not worth the expense of automating, or exploratory testing to determine if more automation is needed.
As a Sr Software Engineer Test, your responsibilities include:
- Reviews or writes code, leads programming and testing and debugging of major software quality projects
- Executes on architectural implementation for assigned deliverables based on guidance from manager/lead
- Collaborates with cross functional technical teams to ensure proper alignment on projects and deliverables
- Ensures technical and operational models meet overall system and business requirements
- Understands the implications of design and implementation decisions on all inter connected system
- Provides guidance on test content
- Ensures Product Quality best practices are accounted for in the building of applications and services
- Researches emerging technologies and proposes the adoption of appropriate, new technologies
- Executes assigned component level tests and major functionality areas using new or existing technologies
- Establishes performance test objectives
- Defines metrics for quality evaluation effort for a product area
- Identifies or develops tools needed for test analysis
- 5 years minimum work experience with relevant technologies and with designing, implementing, administering, and supporting QA test systems
- Tools and processes for E2E, Load, Performance testing
- Experience in Test Automation and automated environment deployments
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and coordination skills.
- Must be team-oriented and willing to work as part of a growing organization
- REST APIs, JSON
- OOA/OOP Java
- iOS, Linux, Android
- SDLC; Agile/Scrum
- Web Applications, Languages and Internet Protocols
- TestNG, Junit
- Jenkins, Maven, Chef
- AWS, Docker, Containerization
- 8 years minimum work experience with relevant technologies and with designing, implementing, administering, and supporting QA test systems
- 1+ years of project
- Web socket services
- Load Testing tools and practices
- SQL or NoSQL
- Blazemeter or JMeter
- Jira (defect and Agile tickets)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field or relevant work experience
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Corporate), which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.