Sr Software Developer in Test
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 675859BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 12/06/2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this by utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our many channels, this role focuses on parks and resorts websites and mobile apps.
The Disney Parks, Experiences & Products Technology and Digital team combine custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From Walt Disney World and Disneyland suite of web and mobile applications to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass.
As a Software Developer in Test (SDET), you will work with the Itinerary development teams supporting both the Walt Disney World and Disneyland suite of web and mobile applications. You will work hand in hand as part of the development team, from project inception to launch into production, ensuring everyone step of the way has quality built in. The individual for this position should have a passion for the Disney product but also the critical analytical skills to ensure it has quality built in. Candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
- Lead testing initiatives throughout the SDLC from test planning, test design, test execution and test reporting
- Analyze new projects and build quality in from the start
- Define test strategy and write test plans
- Analyze and communicate test results and defect tracking
- Participate in the review of QA procedures and processes and provide recommendations for improvement
- Innovate in automation, Agile and continuous testing practices
- 5+ years software test experience
- Experience in mobile (iOS and Android) and web test automation
- Experience with Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- Understanding of web technologies, including web services, web application servers and RESTful APIs
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to be highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and new technologies
- Ability to proactively reassess business needs and make suggestions to meet those needs
- Experience with mobile device testing
- Experience in test framework design and development –
- Selenium WebDriver and Appium preferred
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks tools, services and physical devices
B.S degree in Computer Science or other Technology related field or work experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.