Sr. Software Engineer
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 685435BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 27/06/2019
Job Summary:Direct-to-Consumer-and-International (DTCI) is Disney’s global, multiplatform media, product, technology, and distribution organization for world-class content. DTCI is comprised of Disney’s international media and direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including all Disney networks outside of the US, the ESPN+ streaming service, the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. The DTCI Tech organization focuses on providing ground-breaking innovation and driving the strategic use and development of technology to power the DTCI business, deliver world-class products and experiences to consumers around the world. The Data Platform group within DTCI Tech, is charged with developing a consolidated data platform that supports DTCI business stakeholders with the means to access, activate and analyze all of Disney’s consumer data in a secure and compliant way.
- 4-5 years minimum of relevant software development experience
- 2+ years of cloud application architecture and engineering
- Ability to lead small project teams and platform initiatives
- Familiarity with various CICD methodologies and implement strategies
- Senior level understanding of Java based web services and REST framework based apis
- Clear communicator (written and verbal); ability to write test plans and test cases, and to communicate bugs to developers and other stakeholders
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Basic Knowledge and understanding of Application Lifecycle Management, Software Development and Agile Development/Testing practices and methodologies
- Basic Knowledge of common performance issues and ability to use logs, monitoring tools, and work with developers to determine a root cause
- Ability to work and participate in a team with open and collaborative style of communications
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team
- BS or equivalent degree in Computer Science
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.