Sr Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 7092531520220417 Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 21, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney Streaming's Android team is seeking an experienced Software Engineer that is excited to build apps enjoyed by millions around the world. You will be building scalable, elegant solutions for the Android applications on Disney+, Star+, and Hulu across a wide array of devices including phones, tablets, and TVs. Our highly collaborative group works in tandem among many cross-functional teams. We value pristine communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as a bias for action. We are incredibly invested in maintaining high code quality standards with unit tests, automated tests, modern libraries, and a Kotlin codebase. We strive to build the best Live and Video on Demand (VOD) applications in the world, and we look forward to hearing more about your skills and how they can help us achieve this lofty goal.
As a Senior Android Engineer working for the Disney Streaming Partner Team, you are confident in your knowledge of the Android ecosystem. You are a passionate team member who is well-versed in many core technologies such as Kotlin, RxJava2, Dagger2, Gradle, Fragments, and the Android Lifecycle. You are prepared to dive into moderately complex issues reported by our partners, communicate with internal stakeholders as well as provide support to internally
developed tools and frameworks that assist other Android developers in their day-to-day work. You contribute to architectural decisions that do not just fulfill the requirements, but also provide scalability and flexibility for the future. You have fantastic communication skills, enabling you to collaborate with other engineers and teams in a professional and efficient manner. You have a desire to support and mentor other team members to enable them to become more
knowledgeable and achieve their career goals.
● 3+ years of production experience with Kotlin and the Android SDK
● Proficiency with Reactive Programming and Dependency Injection
● Well-versed in different architectural patterns (MVI/MVVM or equivalent)
● Pristine communication skills who can collaborate well across teams
● You write high-quality code, tests, and documentation
● Comfortable using common Android libraries such as Dagger 2 / Hilt, RxJava2, Groupie
● A deep understanding of many aspects of the Android SDK such as Activity and Fragment lifecycles, thread management, custom views, and animations
● Experience using performance evaluation tools such as Android Profiler
● Knowledgeable about maintaining a large modularized codebase
● Familiarity with Android TV / Amazon Fire TV development
● Experience with streaming video, codecs, and DRM
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.