Sr. Staff Security Engineer, Architecture & Engineering
Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 812201BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 20, 2021
Job Summary:The Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, enforcement, and education across the enterprise. We protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives. GIS teams are located in Seattle, Burbank, and Orlando.
In order to ensure that our services keep TWDC secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology. This process includes:
1. Analysis of known and emerging threats to determine risks against TWDC assets
2. Creation, maintenance, governance and communication of security policies and standards across TWDC
3. Assessment and audit of compliance against the security policies and standards
4. Assurance that TWDC assets are effectively managed and monitored to meet TWDC security criteria
We look add people to our team who are focused on delivery, prioritize data-driven decisions over opinions, are
continuous learners, passionate about information security and love their work.
- Develop and drive the execution of application architecture standards to continuously enhance our security posture as the threat landscape evolves.
- Partner with business partners and technical teams to advise, design, and integrate security requirements and practices into solutions via interpretation and definition of technical security controls necessary to achieve security requirements derived from regulatory mandates, industry standards and Disney internal policies.
- Mature and facilitate implementation of Threat Modeling capability with automation, SDLC and application development efforts.
- Spearhead the creation of and adherence to information security reference architectures by developing reusable design patterns for security.
- Define formal security standards and practices consistent with enterprise security policy, legal, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key business partners to ensure that all technology and services roadmaps are leveraged and aligned.
- Stay current on market developments to identify emerging security technologies, risks and trends to ensure that DTCI computing environment keeps pace with security technology and risk landscape evolution.
Basic Qualifications:10+ Year of experience in technical leadership preferably in media industry
Preferred Qualifications:CISSP certification
Preferred EducationBachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.