Sr Systems Reliability EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 975330BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
To be successful in this role, you will protect, operate, and continuously improve the automation and systems that run Disney's experiences, products, & services with a focus on availability, latency, automation, & cross-company collaboration while embracing a DevOps culture.
Teams are located in Seattle, Burbank, Orlando, Bristol and New York.
- Collaborate and provide technical leadership within and across teams
- Code, and deploy systems, define and establish best practices in cloud hosting environments using self-healing, infrastructure-as-code, security, and automation patterns
- Develop useful telemetry, alerts, and response to identify and address reliability risks
- Participate in on-call rotation with other engineering teams
- Identify, experiment, & evangelize new technologies, ideas, and best practices across the broader engineering community
- Proficient, collaborative, & experienced in building reliable, scalable, enterprise-class systems
- Passionate and curious about ways to leverage technology while continually learning
- Ability to identify root-cause sources of instability in a high-traffic, large-scale distributed system
- Configuration management and orchestration (e.g. Chef, Terraform, Cloud Formation)
- One or more languages in your skillset (e.g. GO, Python, Java, Ruby)
- Containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Elastic Container Service)
- Skilled in Cloud/PaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Compute)
- Thorough knowledge of continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- UNIX/Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, & security
- 5 years of experience in technical operations or systems reliability engineering
- Familiar with Distributed Data Platforms.
- Experience with SAP S/4, SAP HANA
- Load balancing and rule-based routing
- Web (IIS, Apache) and Java application (Tomcat, Jboss, etc) server expertise including installation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
Preferred EducationBachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.