Sr Systems Reliability EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 961048BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
- The Senior SRE will help create, build and deliver new technologies or platforms. This will include consultation, designing, building, and supporting development pipelines, automating infrastructure and operations, creating telemetry for monitoring, engineering high reliability and reinforcing best practices to secure our company and guest data.
- Have expert level systems administration skills on both the Linux and Windows platforms
- Work with CI/CD platforms (Gitlab CI or Jenkins), strong systems development (Go, Python, Ruby, Node) and cloud automation tools (Boto, CloudFormation, Terraform), source control, cloud hosting, container computing, web technologies
- Maintain expertise on systems, operational excellence and application stability, security, performance, and capacity management, as well as documentation.
- Work closely with development teams across Disney to brainstorm, architect, gather requirements, troubleshoot, and provide stellar customer support
- Be prepared to work in an extremely collaborative and high-energy environment.
- Lead project/planning efforts, architectural design, engineering, attending meetings w/ various teams.
- Implement, integrate and configure solutions, tools, infrastructure and systems.
- Provide systems administration and application support – Level 2 & 3 maintenance and support
- Understand how to install and configure operating systems, specifically with expertise in Linux and Windows Server.
- Software Development Continuous Integration (CI) Pipeline knowledge (GitLab CI, Github Actions)
- Experience with Source Control Management systems (Git)
- Experience in public and private cloud hosting services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack, CloudStack) as well as familiarity with container computing (eg. Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, Terraform).
- Experience as a subject matter expert on at least one OS and proficient in multiple operating systems, including OS performance monitoring, setup, configuration, tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in web or web server technologies: Java, Node.js, Tomcat, IIS, Apache/nginx, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc., including being able to perform basic setup, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of internet technologies and network protocols, including HTTP, basic load balancing configurations, security zones, VIPs, SNMP, REST and DNS.
- Ability to implement existing base standards for new systems and/or applications with mentoring for all of the following:
- Site monitoring and instrumentation
- Application monitoring and instrumentation
- System monitoring and instrumentation
- Resiliency and performance
- Able to diagnose simple to complex system problems.
- Has experience on one or more load balancer platforms (setting up pools, VIPs, layer 7 routing, debugging).
- Able to author tools and scripts to be used by others to automate repeatable production tasks in standard languages like Bash, Ruby, Python, or Go.
- Advanced skills in at least one programming language such as Python, PHP, Ruby, Java, Go, Swift or C++ and able to build unit test suites for all software being developed.
- Experience supporting and/or developing backend tools or services
- Able to perform and provide in depth analysis on load test runs against a moderately complex system.
- Demonstrates exceptional troubleshooting methodology, including the ability to author and instruct new methodologies to the SRE team.
- Independently resolve moderately to highly complex system and application incidents.
- Able to identify and propose system and application fixes for performance bottlenecks.
- Able to evaluate new application requirements for capacity and run-time best practices.
- Able to evaluate new system and/or infrastructure solutions for technical feasibility against known requirements and standards.
- Effective at dealing with change: Able to transition in role or handle a significant modification to workflow or technology with minimal ramp-up time and with very little guidance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to all levels in the organization.
- Serves as primary point of contact with Manager.
- Demonstrates curiosity and continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Ability to lead functional teams in systems integration and design including writing operational specs, architectural diagrams, test plans and requirements management.
- Effective project management and planning on large-scale projects (familiarity with agile/scrum and water-fall project management a plus).
- Construction of concise and complete technical documentation and the ability to design and deliver training to other staff
- Detailed understanding of the goals and requirements of the business supported.
Required EducationBachelor of Science degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience in technical operations and software engineering
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.