Sr Technical Program MgrApply NowApply Later Job ID 864020BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States; Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 22, 2021
The Senior Enterprise Program Manager, Partnerships brings industry acumen, experience, and enthusiasm to the delivery of Disney’s streaming products to our international B2B2C partners. The Senior EPM requires a combination of passion for applications that can bring our highly regarded content to living rooms across the world, and a desire to be a driving force in managing the technical integrations required to do so. Additionally, this role will help shape the team as we continue to evolve, grow, and partner with our world-class engineering and product organizations.
- Utilize your expertise in managing the development and release of applications built for browser-based devices, set top boxes, or Smart TVs, as well as billing integrations and catalog feed distribution. The ideal candidate has a keen interest in the streaming domain and has a learning / growth mindset.
- Build strategic and trusted partnerships with our Technical Account Management Team, Partner Integration Engineering team leads, Technical Project Managers, as well as the Partner Product team, ensuring alignment with dynamic and evolving business needs.
- Accustomed to working with third-party integrations that involve both external and internal dependencies.
- Manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs with technical constraints in order to provide timely updates on project health to a cross-functional audience of executive technical, business, marketing, legal, and operations stakeholders.
- Minimum 5-7 years practical industry experience, preferably within streaming media. Account management, client service, and/or management consulting experience is a plus.
- Proven track record managing complex technical programs in application distribution models with partner devices, such as Smart TVs, content & metadata feed integrations, billing and purchasing journeys, and application development kits.
- Program Lifecycle Disciplines: Strong knowledge of the integrated systems lifecycle development utilizing different – and sometimes – multiple development models (e.g., agile, waterfall, hybrid, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; specifically the ability to translate program information across project team members and stakeholders at all levels, and executive summaries.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, lead, and document outcomes of meetings that will guide discussions between cross-functional product, engineering, and partner teams.
- Comfortable with changing specifications and standards, and leading teams to deliver through ambiguity.
- Excellent project management skills, combined with a strong business judgment, and the ability to break down program blockers and influence team members towards negotiation and resolution.
- Demonstrated experience using JIRA and project or product management tools.
- Distinctive analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.