Staff QA Architect
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 675999BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 11/06/2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company's Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, the Disney+ streaming service coming in 2019 and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney's international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Consumer Identity teams provide critical consumer facing access and identification services across TWDC business units. Nearly every digital consumer experience across the company relies on OneID for mission critical business operations, including booking Parks vacations, playing ESPN fantasy football, buying products from TheDisneyStore.com and many more. OneID is involved in nearly every large initiative The Walt Disney Company has underway. Success in this role means ensuring high quality is designed into development and delivery with minimal impact to velocity and quality is continuously improving.
- Lead QA Architecture strategies for consumer identity platform
- Lead the planning, communication, implementation, and delivery based on those strategies
- Own the software quality process and technologies from a technical perspective
- Define success criteria for multi-tier testing efforts
- Be the voice of the technical quality process for leadership
- Define key performance metrics and analyze program performance based on data
- Minimum of 10 years of experience building software test systems
- Minimum of 10 years of hands-on test design in large-scale and complex solutions development projects
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to make data driven decisions
- Demonstrated experience in a role influencing without authority
- Experience with multiple programming languages - Java, JS, Swift
- Experience implementing solutions on cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Strong sense of ownership and self-driven
- Proactive and collaborative
- Ability to mentor and train to increase impact
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other Technology-related field, or equivalent work experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.