Staff Software Engineer - QA/Testing
Seattle, WA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 764083BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Aug. 03, 2020
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, Disney+ and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
The DTCI Productivity Engineering team, within DTCI’s Engineering Operations team, is responsible for modernizing and optimizing the development workflows for a wide variety of projects across a diverse technology ecosystem. Our team develops and utilizes technology and industry best practices to impact the product development life cycle for consumer products across all media networks owned by The Walt Disney Company (ESPN, ABC Entertainment and News, Disney Channel Worldwide, Fox Now, National Geographic, etc.), with a focus on productivity, rapid delivery, metrics driven quality and predictability.
Responsibilities:This role is responsible for ensuring software development is structured to promote highest quality, high availability, scalability and agility. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical leadership to other Test Architects and Automation engineers around Test Frameworks, Test Metrics, Analytics and Reporting
- Design and implementation Quality engineering / Test automation frameworks, systems and services
- Experience with working with high volume web systems, especially supporting backend APIs
- Experience implementing innovative solutions that adhere to QA architectural goals and principles
- Experience reviewing external test technologies and products for their applicability to specific projects or overall productivity needs
- Strong technical leadership and ability to command respect at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate
- Advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff;
- Business issues/concerns with staff, peers, superiors, and outside partners (e.g. Product vendors, Solution integrators).
- 7+ years’ work experience with relevant technologies with designing, implementing, administering, and supporting QA/ test systems
- Test automation
- Tools and processes for Functional, Performance, Security and Compliance testing
- Automated environment deployment
- 4+ years of experience leading QA teams
- 3+ years of experience in QA architecture
- Practical experience testing/exercising REST APIs - JSON preferred
- Strong programming skills with querying languages: SQL, SAS, etc
- Experience with testing tools: TestNG, Selenium etc
- Experience with CICD, pipelines: Jenkins, TeamCity, Distelli or similar
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: Predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources
- Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau, Raw, chart.js, etc
- Experience with DevSecOps
- Experience with Performance / load testing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of in depth, hands-on experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.