Staff Software Engineer
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 691191BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 25/07/2019
- collaborative and dynamic
- we embrace agile practices
- work with back-end developers as a full-stack delivery team
- continuous integration/automated testing
- frequent working software demos
- enjoy working in a team environment
- have a strong sense of ownership and pride in your work
- are self motivated and detail oriented
- are driven to produce great experiences
- work as part of a team
- participate in stand-ups and other sprint meetings
- help monitor and support apps in production
- help design new solutions
- document changes and new features
- help plan the sprints
- deliver code with thorough automated testing
- integrate and verify
- release to the world
- 7+ years professional software development experience
- 4+ years experience with Java based systems
- 2+ years experience delivering single page apps or progressive web apps
- 2+ years experience delivering applications with React
- 1+ years hands on experience with automated end-to-end testing across various browsers and devices
- experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- experience designing for highly visited sites and complex caching
- experience with browser test automation tools like Sauce Labs, or BrowserStack, and Selenium (preferred)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.