Staff Software Engineer
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 712584BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 06, 2020
Job Summary:OneID and the consumer identity teams provide critical consumer facing access and identification services across The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) business units. Nearly every digital consumer experience across the company relies on OneID for mission critical business operations, including booking Parks vacations, playing ESPN fantasy football, buying products from ShopDisney.com and many more. These identity services are responsible for over 300 million guest and fan accounts, and billions of transactions per year.
As part of the orchestration team, you will be tackling cutting edge issues that come with cloud-based infrastructure, platform resiliency requirements, security, data migrations and sheer scale. These challenges are regularly given on tight timelines, and we are looking for experienced engineering leadership able to make the right decisions and drive them to execution. This position will serve as a primary contributor on the team as well as help the team navigate the changing technology landscape. Senior level positions are a key element of team’s composition as they serve as initiative leads and problem solvers.
- Lead and contribute to OneID system architecture, design and system implementation
- Consult on integrations with other teams, as well as our business partners
- Support existing services and platform releases
- Drive best practice and standardization across all platform developers
- Drive quality on the platform with a focus on making the right technology choices
- 7 years minimum of relevant software development experience
- 2 years minimum of cloud application architecture and engineering
- 4 years minimum experience with Java based systems
- 2 years minimum experience delivering single page apps or progressive web apps
- 2 years minimum experience delivering applications with Angular/React
- 1 years minimum hands on experience with automated end-to-end testing across various browsers and devices
- Ability to lead project teams and platform initiatives
- Familiarity with various CICD methodologies and implement strategies
- Clear communicator (written and verbal); ability to write test plans and test cases, and to communicate bugs to developers and other stakeholders
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Understanding of Application Lifecycle Management, Software Development and Agile Development/Testing practices and methodologies
- Knowledge of common performance issues and ability to use logs, monitoring tools, and work with developers to determine a root cause
- Ability to design for highly visited sites and complex caching
- Ability to work and participate in a team with open and collaborative style of communications
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team
- BS or equivalent degree in Computer Science
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.