Staff Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 7043968620220515 Location Seattle, Washington, United States / Orlando, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 15, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
"We make magic." That's our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you will help inspire that magic by allowing our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Our team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to be part of a data distribution platform team within the Corporate segment of The Walt Disney Company.
This team is responsible for building services that power experiences across many of Disney’s most recognized brands, including ABC, Lucas, Marvel and ESPN. In this role you’ll be an integral part of the Enterprise Data Hub (EDH) team within the Data Solutions & Platforms organization.
We are currently on a multi year journey to help standardize both Human Capital Management and Finance data sourced from Workday and SAP. If you have a passion for technology and delivering on impactful projects that make Disney magic happen, this is the role for you!
You will have a senior role on the team and will help design, build and maintain features for backend distribution services that take full advantage of cloud native architecture and microservices. You’ll be expected to be 100% hands-on development and deliver iteratively in an agile environment with an opportunity to provide mentorship and leadership to other team members as we continue to build a world class platform supporting some of Disney’s premier brands.
What you will do:
- Communicate technical concepts, both in writing and verbally, and collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams
- Collaborate with product managers and fellow engineers in the design and implementation of new features
- Contribute to, and sometimes lead cross-team architecture discussions
- Analyze, debug and perform root cause analysis on any platform related incidents
- Drive efficiencies to processes and technology that improve the effectiveness of the team
- Contribute to the evolution of Engineering best practices
- Interface with a variety of stakeholders to help define requirements and project timelines
- Assist with full-stack development of both existing and new platform features
- Research and experiment with the latest and greatest technologies to identify, evangelize, and apply them to current and future projects
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Excellent programming skills and strong understanding of Java or Python
- Good understanding of data integration and delivery patterns via HTTPS, Event Messaging, SFTP and API paradigms (REST, GraphQL)
- Experience with developing for public clouds like Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with full software development lifecycle and common best practices such as unit testing, collaborative version control flows, and continuous integration (CI/CD)
- Proven ability to work on a diverse scope of projects requiring detailed analysis and creative/practical problem solving
- Strong analytical skills and capabilities for resolving a wide range of issues
- Self-starter with an interest in industry trends and a passion for innovation
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience with real-time messaging frameworks, such as Kafka or DataStax
- Experience with GCP Dataflow and BigQuery
- Experience with Apache Beam and Spark
- Experience with developing high-volume and highly-available distributed systems
Additional Information :
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.