Lead Build and Delivery EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 525753BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 26, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Enterprise Technology develops highly scalable software systems and applications for a variety of high traffic functional areas such as identity services, messaging services, and authentication services. Being able to create automated build and deployment capabilities is critical to the success and resiliency of these services. Build and Delivery Engineering (BDE) is the automation team for Enterprise Technology. BDE is responsible for determining gaps and limitations in the current build and deployment process and providing solutions. The team maintains build pipelines, deployment pipelines, testing tools, and other services. The team interfaces with Dev teams, QE teams, Operations teams and more to build and extend tools to support the organization.
- The Staff Software Engineer (BDE) will work closely with the Development, Quality Assurance, Operations and Architecture teams to develop and implement the roadmap and strategies for automated build and deployment pipelines across the organization.
- Automate the build and delivery processes for software projects; striving to make the compilation, testing, and packaging process as automatic and foolproof as possible
- Provide support on automated builds and the continuous integration system
- Provide support on tools that manage automated code deployments during the release process
- Monitor the continuous integration system to ensure correct build execution and troubleshoot build failures
- Maintain documentation of the build and continuous integration systems
- Minimum 8 years in software development industry with at least 3 years of build packaging function and or automation experience within a professional setting.
- 1 - 2 years of project or team leadership
- Experience maintaining production build systems for multiple, large software projects
- Strong Groovy, Ruby and Bash programming skills
- Expert knowledge of Linux
- Expert knowledge and experience with
- source code repository systems, specifically GitHub, GitLab
- artifact repositories, specifically Nexus and Artifactory
- build automation frameworks, preferably Apache Maven
- continuous integration system, preferably Jenkins
- deploying large-scale, highly-available web services, preferably with Chef
- Knowledge of containers; i.e. Docker
- Knowledge of static code analysis tools
- Experience with dependency management in complex software projects
- Passionate about automation within build and delivery pipeline
- Experience with automated environment deployment and configuration
- Ability to anticipate, identify and articulate problem areas in complex interrelated software systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in formal and informal settings
- Experience advocating and driving “best practices”
- Thorough understanding of the software engineering process
- Experience with Agile/Scrum or Agile/Kanban
- 12+ years in software development industry with 5+ years of build packaging function and or automation experience within a professional setting.
- 3+ years of project or team leadership
- Experience with software process improvement efforts
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or equivalent
- MS/MA degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.