Staff Software Product EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10011305 Location Seattle, Washington, United States / Burbank, California, United States / Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role will be a part of the Cloud & Data Transformation Engineering organization who providing next-level cloud, reliability, and data engineering services to unleash digital magic for The Walt Disney Company. Our mission is to use modern technologies, design patterns, culture, and organizational alignment, to enable teams to seamlessly ship content, products, and magical experiences better, faster, safer, and happier.
The organization’s Enterprise Integrations and Metadata services strategy has driven extreme growth across the enterprise in the use of common platforms and tools to deliver Disney Experiences. This team will be responsible for engineering of observability platforms, automation, and DevOps enablement services, and managing the strategic relationships with our observability, DevOps tooling, and engineering platform providers.
The ideal candidate will have a history of “hands on” top level engineering and providing technical direction on enterprise level projects. Exemplary leadership and communication abilities (both verbal and written) are a must; this role will partner closely with business and technology executives in delivering systems which meet and exceed business objectives.
· Leads the market analysis of products, platforms, and features released by DevOps Platform and tool vendors
· Defines the strategy and roadmap for the DevOps platform and tooling portfolio
· Oversees the governance process to coordinate and prioritize the feedback for feature requests and enhancements to the DevOps Platform vendors, tool vendors, and platform engineering teams from the segment stakeholders
· Works with engineering leaders to analyze the data to help drive business/technical decisions, forecasting, and optimizations
· Drives engagements with TWDC Segment leaders and works with team to translate into requirements into POC and working solutions
· Participates on the team to Identification and tracking segment & program issues across the DevOps Platform providers, tools vendors, and platforms
· Creates functional prototypes offering a solution in conjunction with engineering teams
· Participates in the team representing Disney on engineering community meetings
· Performs market and industry analysis of trends and conditions
· Performs analysis of feasibility, cost, and return on investment for product ideas
· Manage the budget requirements for projects and has team prepare PAR’s for funding
· Aligns with finance to develop chargeback/allocation models for recovery of service offerings
· Leads communities across the segments around DevOps and tooling best practices
· Oversee the lifecycle of products from inception to operationalization
· Takes calculated risks
· Excellent interpersonal, business development and communication skills are an absolute must with a demonstrated ability to work well with engineering, creative and marketing leaders, including the ability to thoughtfully present to senior executives.
Experience setting strategic vision, resolving issues that impact design, product success, or address future concepts, products, or technologies; Disciplined approach to maintaining and enforcing engineering best practices; Ability to synthesize robust and cost-effective technical solutions against customer requirements providing buy versus build decision making; Exercises good judgment when faced with risk, blockers, or tradeoffs; Continually prioritizes, in collaboration with the delivery team, a deep backlog and roadmap; Consistent, compassionate and inspiring leader to the team; Positive can-do partnership attitude while working with teams, cross-functional teams and cross-functional business units; Must be detail oriented, self-organized, and capable of simultaneously tracking multiple issues of varying complexity.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.