Staff Solutions Architect
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 724734BR Location Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 20/11/2019
Job Summary:The Staff Solutions Architect is responsible for leading DTCI Data Platform initiatives across consumer identity, data platforms and analytics. It is the responsibility of the Staff Solutions Architect to collaborate with software architects, designers and product management from the Data Platforms Teams and other teams within DTCI technology as well as the Business Units to define the most effective solution to business problems while leveraging their knowledge of existing systems and the capabilities in the marketplace. This includes supporting Data Platforms capabilities in major initiatives such as Disney+ and ESPN+.
The Staff Solutions Architect will partner with delivery, support, and shared services partners to ensure alignment of the solution approach and estimates with each stakeholder. They will excel in the areas of integration and scalability. They will be adept at influencing change in the organization through technical prowess, leadership skills and relationship skills.
The Staff Solutions Architect will also work with the various business stakeholders on problem-solving, defining business and technology capabilities and requirements and defining effective and efficient technology solutions for solving business problems and enabling or enhancing business capabilities. In addition, the individual will work with Product Management to ensure feedback during the architecture and design process is considered in future roadmaps.
The successful candidate requires technical knowledge and skills that are both broad and deep which must cover various infrastructure, software, data and delivery platforms. The candidate must be comfortable operating in a complex heterogeneous technology environment and have experience with highly integrated and mission-critical solutions. The candidate must possess the ability to share and communicate ideas and designs clearly, both oral and in writing, to business sponsors, partners, technical resources, and executives in a format that is effective for each respective group.
- Serve as a technical bridge between the business and technical stakeholders to develop solutions and architectural approaches that support the business initiatives.
- Work closely with Technical Architects, Developers, Product, Program and Operations team members to ensure that the design and technical architectural direction for DTCI products are in line with supporting key business segment initiatives. Translate complex functional, technical, and business requirements into architectural designs that can be leveraged across the DTCI Product Engineering portfolio of services.
- Continually strives to deliver operational excellence of the solutions by leveraging the deep understanding of the end to end-use cases to assist the teams with test automation, creation of synthetic tests and production support.
- Provides documentation, training and support all teams managing the service.
- Drives technical designs to consensus and approval. Designs solutions for specific use cases that provide frameworks, interfaces and services that can be extended and reused for future requirements.
- 10+ years experience in requirements analysis, design, development, unit testing and operation of distributed, fault-tolerant applications with particular attention to security, scalability and high performance.
- Demonstrated expertise in consulting, architecture, application design and integration.
- Demonstrates expertise and leadership in working with business units, product management, development and operations to architect innovative solutions that meet the requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and realistic implementation schedules.
- Experience with architecting high-volume web systems or large transaction client-server systems.
- Experience in modern web, mobile and connected device application development.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff; ability to articulate business issues/concerns with staff, peers, superiors, and partners.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in writing detailed technical specifications and documentation for delivery teams.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work according to needs.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies through self-study.
Required EducationBS/BA degree in Computer Science or other technical fields, or equivalent.
Preferred EducationMS/MA Degree in Computer Science or other technical fields, preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.